Sign in to follow this  
FishingShane

Multi-bank battery chargers?

Ok so I recently purchased a 2004 285 stratos and it had the factory Dual Pro double bank battery charger on it. I used it about four times and one bank quit working. I am going to replace it with a three bank so I can keep all batteries charged. I have done some research and it looks like the consensus is dual pro is a good brand. I even contacted their tech service and he said my model is non repairable but they can cut me a deal on new three bank. Anyone out there have any experience on these multibank chargers and suggestions on what brand it best?

I have had some of all brand names over the years but the technology on them and batteries has improved greatly. The Dual Pro is a top choice along with MinnKota & Guest that you can't go wrong with.

I have had some of all brand names over the years but the technology on them and batteries has improved greatly. The Dual Pro is a top choice along with MinnKota & Guest that you can't go wrong with.

Great advice from ecox as usual. I currently have a Dual Pro and it's been very good. If I needed a new one tomorrow, I would most likely buy a Minn Kota charger based on reviews I have read. Check out the MK-345PC. It's expensive, but is supposed to be one of the best chargers out there.

I have had Dual Pro on my last 3 boats and up until last week,they have been bullet proof.Some how mine had built up moisture inside over time and fried it. I called them with the serial number and it was 5 months out warranty.Sent them some pictures, 10 minutes later they called me back saying that they were overnighting me a new 4 bank replacement. 10:30 the next morning it was sitting at the back door with a postage paid box to send the old one back. I highly recommend Dual Pro...especially with service like that!

Have a three bank Minn Kota in the boat for my trolling motor. Does a great job. Triple Interstate batteries for the trolling motor, dual Wally Worlds for the engine and accessories.Only thing I don't like is the weight of three batteries and a three bank that equals the weight of a single battery. 5 batteries and a 3 bank charger on the boat. Unfortunately, an evil necessity.Best thing I have figured out is I have put standard 110 plugs on all of my accessories, bait tanks and water pump. Have a three prong extension cord cut off and wired into one of the batteries for the trolling motor. When I have bait on the boat, I can plug up the charger, charge the trolling motor batteries, and feed the bait tank all at the same time. Only thing I have to do is make sure I don't plug a 12v accessory into a 110 outlet!!!

Edited by TNKen

Just had my Bass Pro dual 10 Amp die on me at the 3 month mark, one bank would no longer charge at all. Bass Pro replaced it on the spot no questions asked. I purchased the Bass Pro model because of price and to be honest because I had a 20% off coupon and was on a budget. If I ever have to replace it i'll be buying a Minn Kota.

Thanks for all the replies folks! I haven't had a chance to get on here for a few weeks because of work and family stuff. I did however decide on the minn Kota charger. I ordered the 3 bank 10 amp version. Supposed to be here tomorrow I will let you guys know how it works out