dada

almost a limit

Took pal Gary to Douglas on Monday. Tho he probably caught the most, we ended with 24 crappie  AND HE WOULDN'T  TAKE ANY HOME!  That left me to clean them all----The water was 42.4 at  8AM & 46 at 2PM & down  almost to its lowest. I wanted 20' to fish in  but only could find 18', but still had a good day.   If it rains Wednesday, I'll be there Thursday to try to beat that number. dada 2-5-19  8AM

• Like 4

I'm happy to hear that you got bit!   Thursday for me too if the creek don't rise and the Good Lord's willing!!

Where you launching your ship?   @ 951.81, which is predicted levels at Douglas for Thursday, Walters Bridge might be a bit shallow

No map,  just follow the 40 or so boats. Probably launching at Dandridge. If TVA drops the level any more, there ain't gonna be any water to fish in! Getting bait might be the biggest problem.   dada  2-5-19  2:16 PM

• Haha 1

Didn't go to Douglas 2-7-19---Made the mistake of listening to the weatherman who said 19MPH winds. It turned out that the morning was probably great for a few crappie! Now we know that weather people are like politicians- UNRELIABLE.  dada 2-8-19 9:08 AM

I made the same mistake dada. So I went today (2-8-19 ) regardless.  Nary a bite. Windy windy. But I figured as much going in. Water was pretty murky. Only seen 2 other boats. Maybe this weekend will be better. 

We are waiting for that better weather also, Derrick. Weekend might clear up the water & those crappie might have to wait their turn to get into my boat! LOL    dada 2-8-19  8:20 PM

• Like 1

Whats this "almost a limit" title Dada? I think your holding out on us. You know the 2 manikins in the boat don't count for your limit right?

Edited by TNRoostertail

The almost is 25 for the 2 of us. The wardens don't accept the manikin's license & those dummies take up too much room anyhow. LOL   It is "terrible" when my fishing partners gives all the fish to me to clean, then waits for me to invite them over for a fish-fry. The last one I put on , I fried 125 pieces.  dada   2-18-19  7:57 AM

• Like 1