Jusfishn

Well that didnt go as planned...

Well bad as I hate to tell this on myself I'm gonna.....

So I bought a new to me trolling motor off of ken this week. One of the there high tech redneck type of trolling motors. Push a button it deploys, push a button it records your track, that sort of thing. I was like a kid at Christmas to try this bad boy out. I install this week, making sure I got everything just how I wanted. Took my time and done it right. 

So i load up this morning and off i go to Douglas to slay em. Get unloaded and go to where I figure they will be. Sure enuf, fish finder is full of fish. Oh boy good day I tell my ole dog that's with me. 

Finally the time is here I get to use my high tech redneck trolling motor. I was gonna use spot lock while I get set up. I push button it starts down and stops. WTH!!?? so I push button to retract it and try again. No go. Welp, upon inspection I figure out I put it too far back and its hitting edge of boat as it goes down. Holy crap. I cant believe what u did. No way to fix on water so after we set and soak up some sun back to the trailer we head. 

So if you need someone to install a trolling motor I'm your man uggggg. Lol

1 hour ago, rusty50576 said:

I been catching fish without a trolling motor for decades........ you had fish on the graph, why give up??

I know I know but damn it what ya gonna do? Set there and jig for crappie? I'm just not patient enuf. I thought about trolling with big motor for white bass but didnt have right poles. Big motor trolls at 3.1 which is too fast for crappie this time of year. Trust me I wanted to but...... oh well. Another day another dollar  lol. 

1 hour ago, bigsmallie said:

We have to be related

I sure hope not or your luck will suck also.....cant say that possibly this would be a good time for a commercial about not installing a trolling motor while drinking bud lite lol. It just never hit my mind..... go figure...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jusfishn said:

I know I know but damn it what ya gonna do? Set there and jig for crappie? I'm just not patient enuf. I thought about trolling with big motor for white bass but didnt have right poles. Big motor trolls at 3.1 which is too fast for crappie this time of year. Trust me I wanted to but...... oh well. Another day another dollar  lol. 

Hahaha. I can fish all day from a dock if that tells you anything about me

Yeah I hear ya rusty. I can too if I'm just tossing lines and killing time but if I'm out in open water I gotta be catching fish. Just how I'm programmed  lol. 

Thanks for the info. Before I trot off to Douglas this morning, I have to FIX MY OWN  trolling motor tip that lost a couple of screws from the tip of the mount. Even the simple ones have to be looked at----   dada 2-4-19  5;50 am

I'm so used to having trouble when I go fishing that I have a tool box in boat.

Just not always the right tools LOL

Sheet happens

Main things in my boat are screwdrivers, crescent wrench, vice grips, zip ties and duct tape.  And, a  bag full of electrical connectors, fuses and a crimp tool.  The electrical bag gets used all the time on bait tank wires and pump wires.