Jusfishn

Gonna beat a dead horse.....again.....

Ok so I've brought this up a time or two but now I'm more serious.  I've got to get a new trolling motor.  I troll mostly when I fish. Lots of times I'm alone. 

With that being said I have a great trolling motor now but if I'm alone and I set it to continuous and move around boat tending poles it tends to veer off right or left as boat leans one way or another.

So now my dilemma...I want a good trolling motor that I can tie into my helix 10 and plot a course and it stay on that course while I tend poles.  I know someone on here has one they are happy with and that's what I need to know. What kind is it,what model , pros cons. Im setup for 24volts. Thanks in advance. 

I have the Minn Kota Terrova with the ipiliot ilink and helix 10 gen 2. Works great. Auto pilot can handle your problem and correct for things like you leaning or wind. Also can plot and track and have it follow that track again or back track

7 hours ago, Kurtomac said:

I have the Minn Kota Terrova with the ipiliot ilink and helix 10 gen 2. Works great. Auto pilot can handle your problem and correct for things like you leaning or wind. Also can plot and track and have it follow that track again or back track

Thanks for the info. That's what I am looking to find out. I've been looking at the terrova,ulterra,and motor guide xi5.  Think minnkota is gonna be th way to go. 

There is a topic on this site that has a lot of info on what we use the most.

I have a Ulterra  & Solix Mega that will do all you need as Kurtomac said.

I have an Ulterra that is like new and needs a home.  Like new with a 48" shaft.  Friend of mine passed away and wife is trying to sell it.  I can check if you're interested.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TNKen said:

I have an Ulterra that is like new and needs a home.  Like new with a 48" shaft.  Friend of mine passed away and wife is trying to sell it.  I can check if you're interested.

Ok. Let me make sure a 48 inch will work. I think so but not for sure. I've been figuring on a 54.