Sign in to follow this  
rusty50576

New Years fishin

Got some white bass for a New Years meal! Fried Fish and onion rings, oven baked potatoes and a pot of pintos with bacon in them. Trying to imitate hog jawl and black eyed peas , hopefully close enough for good luck imageproxy.php?img=&key=abdcea406509438e. My buddy got a nice bonus largemouth too 

BCEC1150-03E8-4BC7-9355-587E68E5E689.jpeg

4C49B2AE-B57B-4066-B134-8C52EA05BA0A.jpeg

FD8A2267-E9F6-4066-9ABE-C9EEEFE10DF1.jpeg

Edited by rusty50576
  • Like 2

Looks like you have some good luck!

Went over to Cherokee yesterday.  Had a goodwin come unbuttoned on a tube and caught a small guy on ship rap.

Buddy forgot his rain gear so we didn't stay 2 hrs before---you guessed it--started raining LOL

• Like 1

Tubejig, On 1-1 19,  Douglas didn't give us  ONE BITE  for crappie , long lining, planer boards, etc. with various jigs, grubs, & minnows. Water was too dirty even downstream. We didn't want to clean them anyhow! LOL  Only 1 boat reported they got one crappie all morning in the sprinkling rain.    dada   1-3-19  5:11 PM

8 hours ago, 4TN said:

Spent New Year's day on Chilhowee targeting yellow perch. Brought a dozen home for dinner.

Good to hear! I don’t think I’ve ever caught more than 5-6 up there. They get big though! Did you catch any bass?

Yes Dada-----Douglas is mud soup and looks like it might be a few days before that changes.

As fer yeller perch I got nutin