Sign in to follow this  
dada

Douglas 12-19-18

Charger1 & I fished Douglas.  Cold as a witch's t-- to start but warmed up when we started catching a few. Water temp-46.7, air-still too cold! Long lines & planner boards at slower speeds gave us 8 good crappie to take home. Dandridge area was too murky to fish, so we were downstream.   dada 12-19-18   7:07 PM20181219_121802.thumb.jpg.06a700505cf2d14e4fe06a4fc8f49e52.jpg

• Like 6

Nice looking fish---not sure I can say that about the Captain LOL   I really like your hat--cool beans

Hopefully I can go soon.  4 letter words get in my way -- work and wife 

Merry Christmas

• Like 1

Tell the truth now Dada how many rounds of dynamite did you have to use to get those 8 crappies to float up to the top of the water? Good to see some crappies still being caught on the big D. I gave up on it as the last 3 times I went was pitiful and only resulted in 1 or 2 keepers. I would rather fish Doogles but I've been doing much better else where finding them wadded up on brush in 12-16 ft of water so I'll probably wait it out another month before I head back to the Big D. Thanks for the report.

2 hours ago, Loopy said:

Tell the truth now Dada how many rounds of dynamite did you have to use to get those 8 crappies to float up to the top of the water? Good to see some crappies still being caught on the big D. I gave up on it as the last 3 times I went was pitiful and only resulted in 1 or 2 keepers. I would rather fish Doogles but I've been doing much better else where finding them wadded up on brush in 12-16 ft of water so I'll probably wait it out another month before I head back to the Big D. Thanks for the report.

Is this “elsewhere” you speak of fort Loudon?

Rusty,

Yep Loudoun, go and find some off-shore brush in that range. Take your BG baby shads and rig em to a 1/32 or 1/24 oz jig head. Their biting on a 6 to 12 count depending on how deep the brush is. They seem to be stacked in there so tight its like shooting hoops you have to get it right in that 1 to 2 foot circumference to catch em on most brushes. The bite can be real subtle so keep a watch on that line. PS> stay off of my honey holes hee haw.

Edited by Loopy

2 hours ago, Loopy said:

Rusty,

Yep Loudoun, go and find some off-shore brush in that range. Take your BG baby shads and rig em to a 1/32 or 1/24 oz jig head. Their biting on a 6 to 12 count depending on how deep the brush is. They seem to be stacked in there so tight its like shooting hoops you have to get it right in that 1 to 2 foot circumference to catch em on most brushes. The bite can be real subtle so keep a watch on that line. PS> stay off of my honey holes hee haw.

Thanks !!! I don't know any honey holes......... I just troll the middle of little river hahaha