NukeFisher

Night Fishing Lures/Tactics?

Hey there, fellas.  My fishing as of late has been a bit sporadic and I've found myself out by the lake long after the sun has gone down.  I know with the weather changing and fish doing different things tactics this time of year are different in general but does anyone have any advice about night fishing in general in the area?  I fish Ft. Loudoun and Melton Hill and wonder if there are any nice lure options or tactics to catch bass, striper, or most anything.  In general I don't typically throw cut bait or any bait at all and was curious if any of y'all might know a lure or two I can stick in the travel tackle bag to fish with at night at either of these lakes.  Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

When it gets good and dark out I employ a secret tactic.......... I drive the boat back to the ramp at idle speed and go home! 

Edited by rusty50576
  • Like 3

I just hit places along the bank as per usual.  One of the things I love is the absolute piece most of the time.  Of course sometimes on the weekends at Bull Run ramp there are some guys and gals having some fun but I can't blame them.  One of the few nearby places open 24/hours where you can have a good time outside on public property.

I would think something that displaces water would be best at night like a spinnerbait or jig with flappy trailer. But I have basically zero experience