Sign in to follow this  
Fishfanatic

CHEROKEE LAKE RECORD STRIPER

Anybody know what the lake record might be? If not what’s your personal best? I realize most just have fun fishing and don’t worry about those things. I’m a novice but trying to learn more and more about it. Retirement is just 32 months away and plan on spending many days on Cherokee. Anyway my personal best is just shy of 13 lbs, caught downlining with an alewife just outside the restricted area near the dam in mid June 2017.

I have caught a lot of fish on Cherokee with many being over 20 pounds but 27 is my largest and the largest I have put on the scale is 34 pounds. The old retired TWRA creel clerk Don Seal said the largest he had weighed was 36 pounds. I have landed several fish in other area lakes over the years that exceed 50 and one over 60 pounds. The TWRA office in Morristown has one of my fish on the wall in the high 50's.

• Like 3

Mine is 47, but my boat record is 52.  We had multiple fish over 45 that weekend, one 50 and a 52. 

My next personal goal is of course a 50.  

Here is me and my daughter with a 44.

IMG_1794.png

• Like 5

20 hours ago, TNKen said:

Mine is 47, but my boat record is 52.  We had multiple fish over 45 that weekend, one 50 and a 52. 

My next personal goal is of course a 50.  

Here is me and my daughter with a 44.

IMG_1794.png

I have a picture of that pretty newly wed with a big fish also

Thanks, too bad! Guess my next personal goal at Cherokee will be a 20 plus pounder, although I’d rather see my son hook into a striper. He hasn’t had that experience yet, hope to this winter.

Edited by Fishfanatic

That's down the road a little bit!!  

The picture of her with that fish actually led to the marriage.  She posted it on social media, and somehow Anthony saw it.  They started talking and agreed to meet one weekend when we were working ski patrol.  They have been inseparable ever since.

Anthony isn't much of an outdoorsman.  We took him to Norris a year or so ago on a bluebird day when it was about 20 degrees.  Chased gulls all day.  Only caught one fish, but he got it in the boat.   He does enjoy going fishing with us, and he tries hard, but with his schedule, he doesn't get much of an opportunity to go.