Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
dada

Melon Hill mess

Recommended Posts

Went to Melton 10-9-18. The surface was layered with grass at the enterance  of Bull run  waters. Had to stop & clean the prop 3 times to get through. After finding a cleaner spot, NO YELLOW perch could be seen, even with my underwater camera. Where are they?????    dada 10-10-18    12;31 pm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Dada,

What is going on up at Solway ramp? Drove by today and saw all kinds of construction equipment.  Are they rebuilding the ramp?

Makele

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Makele said:

Hey Dada,

What is going on up at Solway ramp? Drove by today and saw all kinds of construction equipment.  Are they rebuilding the ramp?

Makele

It’s been there for a couple weeks but I don’t know why. I’ve still seen people launching there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They were putting together a crane to put on a barge for work down the lake from there. Should be cleaned up soon. As of last Saturday it was still blocked. Don't know about now.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last week, I tried Melton again-Same "no yellow perch seen", even with my underwater camera!  As soon as I get over this pheumoni ,  DOUGLAS CRAPPIE-HERE I COME----- dada 10-25-18  10:14 AM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The ramp is useable, but there's a LOT of equipment cluttering the lot, and the "work boat" gets tied up to the dock  in a way that blocks most of it..I wound up using Guinn Rd. yesterday. Bull Run would be another choice.

They're running a bunch of water (8000-12000) cfs, and the lake temp is running 59 throughout..

 

Anybody know what kind of work is being done where the barge is?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/25/2018 at 10:14 AM, dada said:

Last week, I tried Melton again-Same "no yellow perch seen", even with my underwater camera!  As soon as I get over this pheumoni ,  DOUGLAS CRAPPIE-HERE I COME----- dada 10-25-18  10:14 AM

Hey dad's, new here but have read a lot of your post. Do you think or have you ever tried a small worm harness/spinner rig trolling for perch. I have read some people yse that method for searching for perch. I have never fished just for perch, but l like Melton Hill and would like to give it  a try. My dad used to catch them in Clinton city limits on the Clinch/Upper Melton Hill on minnows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, OldRH said:

Hey dad's, new here but have read a lot of your post. Do you think or have you ever tried a small worm harness/spinner rig trolling for perch. I have read some people yse that method for searching for perch. I have never fished just for perch, but l like Melton Hill and would like to give it  a try. My dad used to catch them in Clinton city limits on the Clinch/Upper Melton Hill on minnows.

I meant dada. Spell check did that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I kept hoping that some fishermen are catching them on Melton, but no posts  lately.  I caught perch where the sewer lines run in  by the  bridge at Clinton. I didn't like the smell , so I tossed them back in. (years ago)   dada  11-11-18  8:10 PM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×