Sign in to follow this  
dada

Melon Hill mess

Went to Melton 10-9-18. The surface was layered with grass at the enterance  of Bull run  waters. Had to stop & clean the prop 3 times to get through. After finding a cleaner spot, NO YELLOW perch could be seen, even with my underwater camera. Where are they?????    dada 10-10-18    12;31 pm

Hey Dada,

What is going on up at Solway ramp? Drove by today and saw all kinds of construction equipment.  Are they rebuilding the ramp?

Makele

8 hours ago, Makele said:

Hey Dada,

What is going on up at Solway ramp? Drove by today and saw all kinds of construction equipment.  Are they rebuilding the ramp?

Makele

It’s been there for a couple weeks but I don’t know why. I’ve still seen people launching there

They were putting together a crane to put on a barge for work down the lake from there. Should be cleaned up soon. As of last Saturday it was still blocked. Don't know about now.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Last week, I tried Melton again-Same "no yellow perch seen", even with my underwater camera!  As soon as I get over this pheumoni ,  DOUGLAS CRAPPIE-HERE I COME----- dada 10-25-18  10:14 AM

The ramp is useable, but there's a LOT of equipment cluttering the lot, and the "work boat" gets tied up to the dock  in a way that blocks most of it..I wound up using Guinn Rd. yesterday. Bull Run would be another choice.

They're running a bunch of water (8000-12000) cfs, and the lake temp is running 59 throughout..

Anybody know what kind of work is being done where the barge is?

On 10/25/2018 at 10:14 AM, dada said:

Last week, I tried Melton again-Same "no yellow perch seen", even with my underwater camera!  As soon as I get over this pheumoni ,  DOUGLAS CRAPPIE-HERE I COME----- dada 10-25-18  10:14 AM

Hey dad's, new here but have read a lot of your post. Do you think or have you ever tried a small worm harness/spinner rig trolling for perch. I have read some people yse that method for searching for perch. I have never fished just for perch, but l like Melton Hill and would like to give it  a try. My dad used to catch them in Clinton city limits on the Clinch/Upper Melton Hill on minnows.

Just now, OldRH said:

Hey dad's, new here but have read a lot of your post. Do you think or have you ever tried a small worm harness/spinner rig trolling for perch. I have read some people yse that method for searching for perch. I have never fished just for perch, but l like Melton Hill and would like to give it  a try. My dad used to catch them in Clinton city limits on the Clinch/Upper Melton Hill on minnows.

I meant dada. Spell check did that.

I kept hoping that some fishermen are catching them on Melton, but no posts  lately.  I caught perch where the sewer lines run in  by the  bridge at Clinton. I didn't like the smell , so I tossed them back in. (years ago)   dada  11-11-18  8:10 PM