tshookset

Line twist t-rig with big worms

I'm getting line twist when fishing bigger worms t-rig like mag 2 and ole monster. Any ideas ? I'm getting twist on both spinng and casting. Using 1/4 to 3/8 ounce bullet weight and gamakatsu 3/0 to 4/0 offset round bend hooks rigged straight.

Swivels & slower retrieve  usually prevents line twist.   dada 8-24-18   5:07 PM

Line twist is a fact of life when using fluoro or other high performance lines.  Like Toobie, I can manage this by retying.  I make it a habit of checking the line right above the knot frequently.

I will also spool off line between casts, allowing the twist to work itself out by letting gravity do its thing.  If it gets really bad you can fix the problem easily by letting the line out behind you while idling.  I mean let it all the way out (after cutting off your lure).  After a few mins of idling you should be at your spool.  Simply reel the line in, retie, and go back to casting.  This works best w/ spinny poles (don't ask me why - it requires doing math in public and I don't do that well) but is effective w/ casting rigs, too.