kwk

fall shad and bass

I guess now is a good time to move my questions to a proper thread.as i asked elsewhere,fall shad run lures and patterns,we have nothing like it up north.here are photos of most of my lures that mimic shad,we have rooster tails to.you guys chime in on what else we need.20180823_171441.thumb.jpg.081fd848b7721ae98c30b020d0985551.jpg

20180823_171834.jpg

Any of those lipless crank baits should do the job working them around and through the shad.  I also have caught them throwing a crankbait that runs 10-12 ft deep to get to the bass hanging below the school of shad.

Usually water temps are key. Bass usually-not always-start chasing shad when water is in mid 70's and days are shorter.  For me this is good time for traps, smaller cranks and if they are out on points or 1st secondary point a larger shad colored crank 5XD or 6XD or similar . Senkos can get you a bite at this time too.

But i wouldn't hesitate to throw a big jig either.   

We're catching bass 15-20 ft now. Slow and slower slowest presentations. 

• Like 1

Done,tags,drvr lic,s , .went to TWRA in crossville,dropped 240.00$  on combo hunt /fish trout permit, 094 antlerless permits...long day.impressive lobby there if youve never been...pics

20180829_134318.jpg

20180829_134256.jpg

20180829_134309.jpg

20180829_134408.jpg

...our lake " down the street" 10 minutes.all set to go tomorrow and then this morning...blew out the master brake cylinder on the dodge on the way back from town getting jeep parts,pedal went to the floor,blessed i made it home.zero brakes,...that is a sick feeling you never want.

20180828_115019.jpg

Edited by kwk
im still alive.
  • Like 1

That's when you find that forgotten stick that says "emergency  brake". Now, when's the last time you checked the air in the tires including the spare? (been there,  done  that)  dada 8-30-18   9:44 PM

Trucks at a shop in crossville,when they call me about the repairs needed ill have them air them up,good point.p