kwk

we finally made it

After patiently waiting for a year ,we are now tn residents.move went flawlessly.nothing broken nothing mia.only issue is my boat and other vehicles still up north.my van has all my tackle boxes.rods and reels are here.we tried to get our tn drivers lic yesterday....with all the paper work required except no utility bill,havent been here long enough to get one.DMV sent us packin....so no resident fishing ..license.blew off some agravation in the backyard when we got back...id have been wearing cuffs for that back in ct. God bless Tn.

20180812_161137.jpg

• Like 2

those poor cans never had a chance, did they?

it was a bit of a process getting TN DL and other paperwork when I first moved there.  there was some interpretation and local add-ons to the info on the DMV website.  all part of the rite of passage.  cooperate and graduate.  the good news:  renewals are easier in TN than anywhere else I've lived.

Welcome , KWK. I spent 30 years in Chicago area before moving back to Tenn. Yep, one day too long! Not too many stupid folks move BACK  NORTH,  do they?  My taxes in Knox County -$600.00 yr. My taxes in Illinois-$2000.00 yr.  Couldn,t hunt without registering each gun you owned, had to buy a gun owner,s card,  state income tax, etc. We know the murder rate there doesn,t reflect the laws-------- No wonder that Illinois is losing people as fast as they can get away!   Now, if only the water in Douglas would cool down so we could catch a few crappie-----------  dada 8-15-18   8:50 AM 

• Like 1

Thanks for the encouragement.good news is we got 2 vehicles,electrical work van that has all my tackle boxes and my wifes jeep.boat and pick up still there.saw our 1st deer on our property yesterday....if it was season hed be at the processor by now....oh right cant get a hunting license either. I know this is off topic but we have seen on tv fall runs of shad into coves and schools of spots chasing with lots of top water boiling,when does this start and what are the best shad imitation top water lures,size?   dada,so right about self righteous liberals telling us what we "should do "with our own guns.After newtown they banned possesion of clips over 10 rounds, created a permit just to buy ammo(60.00$) , a permit  just to buy a long gun( 60.00$) they did stop short of registration of of guns except for AR type guns wich was widely ignored by most owners...grand form of civil disobedience.my property tax on our condo was 2,300.00$  a year.we got nothing because the condos pay for garbage,snow removal,street mntnce etc.319.00$ a month.taxes here? 300.00$  a year....a no brainer moving here.

Edited by kwk
  • Like 1

On Watts Bar, I've seen a lot of folks throwing Rooster Tails (or reasonable facsimile) at the "boils".  I'm personally partial to a lipless crank bait.  Can catch a variety (smallmouth, Kentuckys/Spots, stripe (white bass) and hybirds.  I've even caught a 22 lb rockfish (striper) on the rattletrap chasing shad/boils. Lots of fun.

• Like 1

Cant wait.i have quite a few ratltrap lipless baits,some are chrome with a blue back. Since shad are not a prevalent bait up north i dont have a lot of shad imitating lures.suggestions?

Ill dig out what i have and put a photo in my next post and you guys can comment on what will or wont fly.

J thanx , killing me driving around seeing all the rivers,Obed in crossville looks like a good small mouth channel cat stretch...we may have a shot before a bill comes,we got our Tn vehicle insurance,new adress , get the vehicles registered then new Tn vehicle registration is a allowable form of residency proof...will get that in mail tomorrow.then monday county clerk then dmv.wish us luck....we,ll need it.

hey KWK, we have used kastmasters on Loudon for the boils and have a lot of success with the whites. Haven't done as well with anything else but if you get into the boils of whites a kastmaster is fast and furious. Rip em!

Yep,we have some of those.we also have blue and silver little cleo spoons we used to throw for spawning lakers on Champlain in november,from shore....a blast especially if it was windy and snowing.

A 1/4 oz redhead jig with a 3" white or silver twister attached, will catch as many white bass as you  want to pull in when you can throw into them busting the top.  A Pop R is also used, but is slower to use. I usually put in at Concord Park & fish up towards the sailboats  for them, but they can appear almost anywhere on Ft. Loudon lake.   dada 8-24-18  8AM

Thanks for the tip,....boat and truck delivered last nite at 4am, more torture...got a directv bill today with the wifes only name on it,got insurance cards for Tn with both our names...they mispelled her name badly...back to square one.shoot me now.

Welcome to Tennessee!  In my 80 years, I have seen the lapse of schooling. (spelling, etc.)  Even those  overpaid figures that won't stand for the National  Anthem. But time goes on & very few move back  north. We still salute our flag  & forgo football on Nov. 11th & go fishing, --Maybe we will catch some fish------  dada   8-25-18  8:27 AM

I basically stopped watching football after the oilers moved here.grew up in Tx, ruined it for me.

1st Tn bass , wating on 12 to buy beer ,google earthed this pond just out of town.killed a 1/2 hour.3 bites 1 bass,7" grape culprit....they can only get bigger.

20180902_114155.jpg

20180902_114805.jpg

• Like 1

Cant figure why this nice pond isnt gated and posted.only 1 house wayyy down the other end all the rest of it is heavily wooded,no trails.???

As a 16 yeAR OLD ,  I was hunting near Lake City (now Rocky Top) & walked into a clearing with a BIG still cooking. A click of a gun told me I was in the wrong place!  Still looking up, I kept saying there were no squirrels around here & I am lost.  Kept walking away. The one at the still must have seen I was just a kid & didn't shoot.   MAYBE your pond has a still----------???    dada 9-3-18   3:53 PM

Doubtful,this place is to close to town and no spring water creek,went looking for a feeder,looks like a old quarry that hit ground water...did take a drive today with the wench looking for acess to monterey city lake ,google earth shows 2 roads in,took the jeep offroad,found a abondonded homestead with crick and well...easy 2/3 of a mile in the woods....now that was a prime still site.aparently the town has blocked the actual acess  at the entrance with a huge tree.why ,no clue.TWRA stocked it last year.??

There was an old memeber on here, Orpy99er or something like that, that used to live in Monterey and post a lot of fishing reports. I think he even posted a picture of a contour map of Monterey city lake , you might could somehow find it on this site. Probably 3-4 years ago maybe less 

I would not have a clue how to go about it.maybe when J has some free time.he can point me to the old thread.