twstephens77

Tennessee Newbie Here...

My wife and I just relocated to Nashville from Texas, and I could not be more excited about the range of fishing opportunities in this beautiful state. I fish from a kayak and also frequently wade, and mainly fish for bass and trout (traditional gear for bass, fly gear for both). Any tips, tricks and general things to be aware of that you're willing to share are much appreciated as my knowledge of the area is very limited. Thanks in advance and tight lines!

TWS, The water temp in EAST tenn has been too hot (80-90) for good fishing & I have seen the same reports for Nashville area  Wait  few days & the weathe r will change! (We hope!)  dada   8-5-18  8:12 PM

i don’t know much about the Nashville are but I know a guy that always seems to scrape together a few smallmouth Fishing the Cumberland downtown. Also old hickory and Percy priest are supposedly some pretty decent bass and Striper Fishing. Trout are plentiful  in the Caney fork and the Cumberland up toward ky used to be trophy brown trout and Striper Water. Probably still is, you just don’t seem to hear as much about it anymore 

Edited by rusty50576

Priest and Old Hickory are both pretty shallow lakes (very dirty too) but plenty of great fishing on both. I've caught big smallies by the dozens in Priest - just got to find them on a shelf and wear it out! Haven't fished on OH but I used to live right across the road from it - some really nice largemouth in there and good paddlefishing below the dam when they have the spillways open. 

You can message me for more details on kayak and wade fishing - that's my game as well and I'm about an hour east of you. 

You should go to the twra site and check the winter trout stocking schedule,barring bad weather they stick to the schedule perfect.they stock shelby bottoms in nashville.also try the obey below dale hollow,perfect for a kayak now,zero paddlers or tubers.

20181130_093940.jpg

• Like 1