Anyone fishing lately?   I went twice last week with some success. Had a few LM bass with one just north of 4lbs and one 5lber but we're only getting a few fish total and most are small. We fish in evenings, so not to many bikinis spotted LOL, and talk with others that are catching some walleye up the French Broad. The crappie, according to my pals as I just bass fish, are deep but they are getting a few.

My pal brought me some walleye fillets and they were delicious. 

Chime in and tell us if you're fishing or bitching!   The weather can be tough for an old fart---aka me LOL But the ramps are busy early and late so some of you must be out fishing.

I'm getting out some, got a sauger on the Holston the other day. Bass has been tough, got some catfish on jug lines a couple weeks ago 

Twice on Douglas last week, Rymer Creek- Not a bite!   Today ,fished Ft. "Nasty", (Loudon) got 2 good crappie from 20+ deep & 2 white bass. Then the sun came out &  fishng stopped! Didn't want to clean them  anyhow----  dada 7-25-18  11:40 AM

Fished at Melton Hill recently.  Not a whole lot of luck but there are plenty of bass.  I can't get them to bite though.  I've watched some big ones come up to my lure and then turn away. 

Pretty much the same as everyone else. Fish are out there - just hesitant to commit. Caught a few but even then they were not too excited to be eating. Slowed down even over the last week or two. I'm going to try to go deeper the next time I get out. Good luck to everyone - maybe we'll get a break in the heat and things will get moving. 

Fished  Douglas last week. Caught a few catfish around 30 ft.  Caught 12 monster bluegill while watching jugs. had a feast that night!

I fish about 5 days a week mostly Norris & Cherokee for stripers although most days catch about as many smallmouths. Other fish often caught are cat fish, walleye, crappie, & drum. I am a live bait guy so feed them not fool them.

I'd like to try striper fishing with live bait!  I've got obligations that keep me from fishing as much as I would like to. 

But I'm happy with trying to fool them at least one evening each week!

But I should have more time soon.

Ecox---do you keep a lot of the fish for table?  If so, wandering if the striper are better fried or grilled.

I'll eat about anything rolled in meal and swimming in hot grease LOL

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 5:21 PM, Tubejig said:

Ecox---do you keep a lot of the fish for table?  If so, wandering if the striper are better fried or grilled.

I'll eat about anything rolled in meal and swimming in hot grease LOL

I eat fish at least once a week. The striped bass are not going back good right now so only catch a limit then quit for the day. The striper are great table fair any way they are fixed. They are a firm, white, meat that holds together good for grill, blacking, baking or as Bubba Gump would say many other ways.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I hit the Hill a couple times recently.  Finally got some of those bass to take the bait.  They were loving these Buddha Swagger worms rigged with an EWG and a split shot attached to the middle of the hook.  Forget the name of that rig.  I saw what would have easily been my PB swim up to one, open its giant mouth and suck it in...man I yanked to set the hook and pulled that worm out sent the bait flying behind me.  Close as I have come to fainting.  But along the bank those LMB are loving these worms rigged this way.  Fixing to see about catching some skippies and hitting the Hill tonight for cats or maybe striper.  Don't know if they feed at night though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MuskyMan said:

Man I hope you get those skipjack

Nah.  My brother brought the cast net and was loading up on threadfin.  They were thick back in the creek.  I don't know what else could swim back there with so many shad but I did catch one bass on a small spoon.

On 7/25/2018 at 10:30 AM, Tubejig said:

Anyone fishing lately?   I went twice last week with some success. Had a few LM bass with one just north of 4lbs and one 5lber but we're only getting a few fish total and most are small. We fish in evenings, so not to many bikinis spotted LOL, and talk with others that are catching some walleye up the French Broad. The crappie, according to my pals as I just bass fish, are deep but they are getting a few.

My pal brought me some walleye fillets and they were delicious. 

Chime in and tell us if you're fishing or bitching!   The weather can be tough for an old fart---aka me LOL But the ramps are busy early and late so some of you must be out fishing.

where do you find walleyes around here? do you just bottom bounce for them? Also what do you use for bait?