BigPop

Norris Walleye

Thanks for the news on Norris. Now if we could only get them back in the upper Clinch River!   dada  7-20-18  9:50 PM

On 7/20/2018 at 9:49 PM, dada said:

Thanks for the news on Norris. Now if we could only get them back in the upper Clinch River!   dada  7-20-18  9:50 PM

Dada I caught a nice walleye about 20" on the Clinch river tailwaters on a suspending jerk bait a couple of weeks ago. Their in there.

• Like 2

Thanks Loopy. I was referring to the UPPER Clinch between Lone Mtn dock & 25. We once limited out  there, but TWRA now says there are no more river strain walleye there. dada  7-22-18  6:42 PM

Sorry for slow reply.  Caught during the day, about 1030 on spinner and crawler trolling 25-28 feet.  I believe if they drop the water to about 1015 or 1016 they would be closer to the bottom.  I've seen a few caught around 33 bridge on plugs and few on spinners in last month or so.

• Like 2

On 7/22/2018 at 10:10 AM, Loopy said:

Dada I caught a nice walleye about 20" on the Clinch river tailwaters on a suspending jerk bait a couple of weeks ago. Their in there.

Do you mean below Norris Dam on Clinch river? I used to fish there for trout, but never caught a Walleye/Sauger. I think l heard a story one time about trolling against the current below Norris Dam for Sauger/Walleye. That was before the weir dam was construction. I wonder if weir dam messed that up?

40 minutes ago, OldRH said:

Do you mean below Norris Dam on Clinch river? I used to fish there for trout, but never caught a Walleye/Sauger. I think l heard a story one time about trolling against the current below Norris Dam for Sauger/Walleye. That was before the weir dam was construction. I wonder if weir dam messed that up?

They are still in the clinch , winter is a good time to get them 

2 minutes ago, rusty50576 said:

They are still in the clinch , winter is a good time to get them 

Thanks rusty. I guess the reason l never caught any on the Clinch was because l was fishing for trout. We would drift fish with live bait, throw spinners/spoons, very seldom throw small rapala/rebel stick bait with 2 generators on. Mainly when it got hot and you got cooled off up there.  Used to catch a lot of stockers from weir to below Masingil bridge. When they opened Peach Orchard ramp we would float down more to the big shoals and catch bigger fish, but not as many.

22 hours ago, OldRH said:

Yes down below Peach Orchard. I was fishing for trout but did better on walleye lol.

2 hours ago, Loopy said:

Yes down below Peach Orchard. I was fishing for trout but did better on walleye lol.

Thanks for the info. I guess l better get back on the Clinch River.