Welcome. You might try Ft. Loudon in the late evening IF THE WATER IS COOLER  THeN 90! I It was a bad day at Douglas due to 89o water temp.Where do you hail from?   dada 7-`13-18  10 PM

4 wheel drive,

welcome to Tenn. From your comment about “southern “ bass, I figure you’ve moved here from walleye country. 

East TN has some good bass fishing, but lots of pressure from other fishermen and this time of year from pleasure craft of all types. I suggest you try the lakes nearest where you live - that’ll save you time, be easier and you can learn your “home” Lake best. 

Depending on on where you’ve moved to, check the forum section on bodies of water nearest you. After ten posts you can access fishing reports and you’ll start to get tips and ideas. There are some great anglers on this forum, and many are very helpful to others. Welcome and good luck. 

Clarksville. You are in a great place for bass - Barkley & Kentucky lakes are big, shallow, good water color and plenty of bass. 

Kentucky Lake is incredible.  Don't be intimidated by its size.  Breaking it up into small chunks will help you manage everything you learn.  Definitely a marathon vc a sprint kinda lake.

I can't help you much on those green fish but for those big brown smallies go to Dale Holler. Tim's Ford is less consistent but still another good smallie lake just stay off my honey holes  hee haw.

Anywhere on Kentucky Lake - that place is a gold mine! Used to have a place outside Waverly. Can't tell you how many times we slayed largemouth, shellcrackers, etc and we didn't even know what the heck we were doing! Plenty of feeder creeks all over the state - excellent for redeye and medium sized smallies. It's a huge body of water so not difficult to get away from recreational boat traffic - which is a problem on Dale Hollow, Priest, Center Hill, etc this time of year. 

LBL is good I hear - just never fished it.