kwk

navionics or lakemaster chips

30 days and counting...counting,believe me...i think one of these 2 options might be a worthwhile investment.we have fairly new humminbirds front and console....nothing for Tn except gps. Opinions welcomed.thanx much guys.probably sticking to center hill and dale hollow for now..

Very happy with my Navionics. Lakemaster is good but does not have Norris Lake.

Thankyou, , i should have included this initially....i understand there are different versions for a substantialy higher prices.difference,worth the xtra bucks? thanks again.

Edited by kwk

The Navionics platinum chips are much better if you plan to use it to fish structure, humps, etc. and a cheap lakemaster chip is decent for basic navigation, my lakemaster doesn't show alot of humps and underwater islands and depth changes like a navi platinum chip does.

I was digging around in my wallet yesterday and found a cabelas gift card for 150.00$ ...must have been a christmas gift,bass pro cabelas merged,called bass pro ordered the navionics hot maps platinum. Then i called humminbird and they checked my serial / model #,s and recomended new gps software updates and just buy 2 blank sansdisks etc., 32 kb  chips,upload  from humminbird .com on the computer then put the chips in the sonars prior to uploading the navionics.presently have a 998 hd c di/si and a 798 hd ci di/si.the navionics tutotorials are everything from 101 to a physics degree.....i dont want to waste much time initially learning instead of fishing.shortcuts with si split screen looks like a good start.is the " fishing chip".a sub program already pre loaded.? Thanx much .

Got the chip,comes with a usb port chip reader for 1year of free updates,got a 32 kb sansdisk for uploading humminbird updates....cant even try it,computer,sonars and new chip all packed.gotta wait till we move.

Navionix has a great on-line help resource.  Be sure to spend some time there once you get your units set up. Good place to. pick up tips, ideas on how to get the most of your map chip.

Thanks,will do.ive also been looking around on you tube,some good info there as well.

Edited by kwk