ProTek

Any Garmin Echomap owners here?

I just ordered a Garmin 93sv and will probably end up getting the Panoptics tranducer for it in the future. That tranducer is supposed to be the big game changer for this unit. If anybody has one, how do you like it?

Garmin-echoMAP-CHIRP-Review-33fqonfi65io

I've owned this unit in 7 inch. Fairly simple to use, great mapping, great sonar, DI, SI.

I actually like Garmin better than the HDS Lawrence I use now.

Slicker than a peeled onion!

• Thanks 1

Thanks bud. I think it’s a great unit for the price. Now I just want to get that Panoptix transducer. Maybe I can find a barely used one for a good price. 

I bought one about two months ago. I love it!  Am still learning, but it has helped me understand areas that I just thought I knew. Also, made me feel good that a trusted and proven fishing guide I know in the Florida Keys uses the same unit. 

• Like 1

I got mine...and another one! I'm trying to figure out how to get depth shading to work. Everything I do...it don't show. Grrrrr...

.....sonar envy....you do know that will be a dated and primative unit in 2 years...no sour grapes here.maybe in the new boat after the move.:praying:

Planned obselesence...gotta love it.1 month after i bought a 9" humminbird for the bow,im half blind, they came out with the "chirp" Helix....pod me rtthFoff...or was it the Onyx...i dont know...point made.

My Lowrance HDS 12 Gen 2 is now a dinosaur.  But it still functions well and I know how to use it.

But, I would really like one of the new Garmin 7616 units.  Someone loan me $6,000.

Yeah. They're sweet Ken.

I got the depth shading working on both of my 93sv's. You set one color at a time...back out once...and then hit the home button. Then when you go back to your navigation screens, the separate depth colors will show. It really makes picking spots on a lake much quicker.

You can program whatever depth ranges you want. I love it for bottom bouncing off the front trolling motor. Just give me a damn Panoptix tranducer out front and I'll be a REAL HAPPY camper. It's almost cheating.