Snichols

Fort Loudoun Stripers

As of Monday they had only one washing machine turned on (1 flood gate ). The generators on the right side were pumping hard though. I’ll probably drive across again today at work and check it. 

Edited by rusty50576

On 3/7/2018 at 9:57 PM, MuskyMan said:

Is that pretty much a livebait bite when fishing the whitewater or can I cast jigs, topwaters, jerkbaits ect ?

You can fish almost anything down there , but the timing is important, if they on shad , then artificial,sometimes don't work . I always use live bait myself.

Well James Pierce and I went Dam fishing today, it worked out . It was a good day for fishing with a friend, we caught several fish. It was fun just to be out with a Pal doing what we do. Live bait was the answer , they all were gone before we new it, run out of bait , what a great day.IMG_7896.jpg

IMG_7893.jpg

IMG_7895.jpg

IMG_7899.jpgIMG_7903.jpg

IMG_7900.jpg

IMG_7901.jpg

IMG_7902.jpg

IMG_7907.jpgIMG_7894.jpg

IMG_7908.jpg

Edited by Snichols
  • Like 4

Pretty bunch of striped fish.

Wow ,jealous,we still have snow on the ground,snow on the boat and mush ice on the lakes.sick of winter here....can not wait to move to monterey,ill bet tek is sick of it as well....

Fun day looks like. Now ive got a boat capable of doing that so a question for those who care to answer. How many gates or generators are best to produce best results? Do u motor up to boils drop lines and drift back with motor off? Bait size?  Any other useful info like water depth or hazards coming up to boils. Im dieing to get my son ahold of a good striper. Thanks

There's Some big ole rocks usually sticking up out of the water between the generators and flood gates. They are probably underwater when they are spilling