VaMason

Center Hill Muskie

I dont suppose you can tell us the bait/lure type....no spots ...no secrets...???? That is one heck of a impressive fish.weight length...youre killing us.

Lol. I do know that It was on a HEllHound Lure right next to the bank. True spot I can not for I don't even know. Length was 49in. Weight, he doesn't get. He really likes to get them back in the water as soon as he can for their survival. He sure impresses me with his skill to hunt these fish down.

A friend's dad had the state record Musky from Norris back in the 70's. It was about 33-35 pounds as best as I recall. That Musky looks about the same size. I looked at his fish many times. It was mounted.

I wish that he had gotten all the measurements on this one so that he could have had mount made. He did not. So the Picture is all we have 

On 2/27/2018 at 8:59 PM, VaMason said:

I wish that he had gotten all the measurements on this one so that he could have had mount made. He did not. So the Picture is all we have 

I would show that, excellent, photo to somebody who makes replica mounts....well, at least inquire with one. I bet there's charts to give you an idea of what the weight range was. I was watching a Laker show shot at Lake Athabasca, Canada, they caught a huge Laker that was, I think, 51". I believe they took a quick girth measurement too. Lakers are delicate along the lines as Muskies are. They had a chart that said the Laker would be in a certain range, in this case it was something like 57-61 pounds, or there-abouts. I bet they got that huge Laker back in the water in no more than a minute.

There might be computer software that can scan that photo and extrapolate the approximate girth, and possibly it's profile...? You have the length, so.... I bet a bunch of replicas have been made from just a photo. I'd ask....