rusty50576

Clinch 1/20/18

Did you catch any in the 14-20" slot that you had to throw back? The unwarranted slot makes me wanna skip Norris. Slots are for protecting breeders. It seems all together unwarranted in a stream where there's little or no breeding and bait fishing is allowed.

Nice day! Fished there yesterday for an hour and half and caught a little pig. 22" 6.3 lbs. The river is full of brook trout right now. Lots of fish, brown and rainbow, in that slot range. Slots have been really helpful for bigger and healthy fish.

image1-1.jpeg

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Troutgirl said:

Did you catch any in the 14-20" slot that you had to throw back? The unwarranted slot makes me wanna skip Norris. Slots are for protecting breeders. It seems all together unwarranted in a stream where there's little or no breeding and bait fishing is allowed.

Maybe 1 or 2. My girlfriend let one small brown go because it's her spirit fish hahaha

15 hours ago, rtillett said:

Nice day! Fished there yesterday for an hour and half and caught a little pig. 22" 6.3 lbs. The river is full of brook trout right now. Lots of fish, brown and rainbow, in that slot range. Slots have been really helpful for bigger and healthy fish.

image1-1.jpeg

Holy cow

13 minutes ago, rtillett said:

Let her go!

I was curious....it so looks like it could of recently eaten a few stockers. That is one obese Brown. It must weigh a minimum of an extra pound on average, for it's length.

On 2/1/2018 at 8:20 PM, rtillett said:

image1-1.jpeg

Nice fish !! I have seen some good sized fish stacked up above the weir dam lately

50 minutes ago, gd77punk said:

Golly look at that thing! Congrats!  22" is my personal best, and I bet yours outweighs it by 1 or 2 pounds.

For comparison, my 26" Rainbow from Watauga last summer was 6.38, my 21" Brown from Calderwood weighed 4.98 last February, and a 22" Rainbow from Chilhowee a few years back went 5.3 pounds. That's an obese Brownie! I bet it eats a Brookie a day to keep the blues away.... :wink:

As thick built as that girl was, she likely has the potential to hit 20+ pounds if she evades capture for a few years. If she gets near 30 inches, she gonna be H-E-A-V-Y.

• Like 2