Roybrew

Hello, Lost Forum

Hello again, I lost this forum some how. I haven't been on here in awhile. Dad had a stroke a few months back, and I just ain't had the urge to get out with out him. His knees were already worn out and then the slight stroke he had really set him back. I'm hoping to get him back in the boat come spring time. Anyhow I am enjoying y'all posts, and I am hankering to get out on the water.

• Like 1

Thank you. I've never been called "New meat" before. Humm don't know what to think of that. Sexxy. Ha.

I had some walleye fillets in the freezer that I cooked up a couple of weeks ago, and now I'm getting the shakes for more. I live close to Cherokee lake, but thinking of going to Watauga lake in the morning. Never catch anything this time of year anyhow. I don't see many recent posts on here. Is everyone hibernating? Or maybe they don't want to post that they are catching any. If I go tomorrow, I'll post what info I can, for what it's worth.

Glad to be back.

Welcome back Roybrew. This was the year to do other than fish, because those fish refused to bite like before.  My guess is, the shad minnows are all over the place. All the fish have to do is open their mouth & a minnow will swim in. Why chase a lure when minnows are in?  February was the time to get walleye previously,  so, get the larger minnows & 1/2 oz leadhead  jigs & let's have a great time!  dada   12-27-17   8:166 AM

Hello dada, 1/2 oz? That be rough on the ole 10' crappie rod. 

I just got back from Watauga lake, man was it cold up there! First off my starting battery wouldn't turn motor over, it's only a year old, so I know what I'm returning. I hooked up one of my 7 year old trolling motor batteries, and the ole 78 smokey Johnson fired right up. Spotted fish around the 40 to 50' depth, but I didn't have a clue what to use, maybe some dynamite....  Watauga is a nice like, but I leave it up to the experts. Water temperature 48.3 this morning out from rat branch. I'm hibernating till spring.