Sign in to follow this  
HereFishyFishyFishy

Lake Map Web Application Accuracy?

For those of y'all that fish the lakes with electronics on your boats I would be interested in finding out your input regarding Navionics webapp and the general accuracy of this site.  Obviously water levels will differ depending on the seasons and certain marked objects are subject to change/interpretation.  But overall are the static online lake maps accurate enough to gauge the general contour and depth (when water level is established) of a body of water?  I am not reefering to the mobile application with a trial version/paid version but rather the maps that can be pulled up on a PC freely at any time.  Thanks for any help. 

The area of the main channel between Carbide Park and Melton Hill Park

meltonmap1.jpg

Edited by HereFishyFishyFishy
Specify picture location

I have and use the Navionics Hotspots card in my Humminbird OUTSTANDING. I can adjust the color to any depth gridline so I can see the upcoming changes.

I also have the app. It does seem to be the same.

I, too, use this ap from time to time. I have lowrance and use Navionics on 3 units.  It's good stuff.

I use the ap at home to sorta scout areas. Then go to those spots and zoom in from boat. Great for house foundations--plenty of stuff.

Slicker than snot on a doorknob!

On 12/4/2017 at 4:23 PM, HereFishyFishyFishy said:

Cool, guys.  I have been using the online maps to check out areas and have found it to be a useful part of the scouting process.  Thanks for the input.

Where do you find the online maps?

Me 2 bubaroo!     I've heard a few guys that use this ap and use I-pad on boat.  It's getting to be winter time and scouting out the lake while kicked back on the couch is to cool for school LOL