Sign in to follow this  
TNRoostertail

Berkley Cherrywood Rods

Ok some of you know this ridiculously good rod for stupid cheap but if you dont let me help yah out. Most wally worlds have them and bass pro has them for a couple bucks more with a larger variety of firmness. They run 20-25 bucks and thats it. I have 3 and they fish just as good as my all star. This is the best rod you can get for under 50 bucks all day long. I prefer the 7' ones in med hev. They have slick guidea and are a beautiful candy apple red color with a classic long cork handle. They are outstanding rods for any price imo. Lets just say that every time I need a new rod now I buy one of these. The 100 - 200 dollar rods are a touch more sensitive but imo its not worth it unless your a big time tourneyman. They come in spinning or casting. I promise you wont be sorry. 

They do serve a purpose. But they are heavy and seem to get heavier throughout the day.

They come in handy for moving baits like spinnerbaits or cranks that don't have to be sensitive. However in my not so humble opinion a really good light rod made with good components is needed to fish worms or jigs.  Large cranks, for me, need a good quality technique specific rod or I get to tired to fish all day. Want at least a 7 1/2 ft rod with moderate action in a med heavy. 

I prefer ALX Rods in IKOS series that retail around $150. You can feel a bass breath on one of these rods.  Google them.

Ask your local retailer if he can get them. Watson's Marine is only place I know stocks them.

• Like 1

You guys are right I really should have added I only using them for top water, heavy jigs and crank baits. I tend to keep 3 different crank bait rods. And I do like med action rods for worms. Im going to head to bass pro and see if they finally started making them in med 7'6" yet. 

I have a MH 7ft cherrywood casting rod great entry level rod. Very durable. Great price for what you get. Very heavy though i use it for topwater now. Ive had a MH 7ft spinning cherrywood and i snapped it in half on a light hookset after 2 months the casting rods are one piece and i believe thats why it holds up better. The casters can take a beating for sure but ill never own another cherrywood spinning rod

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk