Sign in to follow this  
junyaah

SMH@pleasure boaters

I was drift fishing just off the main river channel yesterday when this pleasure boater comes by less than 20 yards from me. There was plenty of room for him to pass without having to get that close to me. This happened about 3 times while I was out there. I know they have a right to the water just as I do, but it just doesn't seem like the safety and courtesy is there with them.

It's no surprise that us fishermen wouldn't give the time of day to a broken down jet skier. They actually harass others & have no respect. Sometimes, a shot across their bow helps!   dada 8-7-17   7:43 AM

I have a friend on the FLW tour that has a great nickname for them that we have all started using. It would probably not be very appropriate for me to use it here. 

When I see another guy fishing I always try to be a respectful as I can and drop my speed to avoid waking him. I always thought that was somewhat of a common courtesy. I was in a back pocket fishing on Dale Hollow a couple of weeks ago and some jet skis pulling a guy on a tube came close enough for me to beam them with a lure.