Sign in to follow this  
ProTek

Which Paint for Whopper Ploppers?

What would y'all recommend for some gloss black, red, and white. I only need a smidgeon of white and red.

Yep. The Loon color is my favorite by far on a cloudy day.

On 5/5/2017 at 1:13 PM, smallieking said:

Do you throw that bait much? If yes do you like it better than a buzz bait?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes I do through it a lot Paul. I like the Loon (black) color the best for days when there is cloud cover or dawn/dusk (and later). I like the T-1000 color (mostly silver) for brighter days. I land more on the 90 but will switch with the bigger 130 soon. I have an arsenal of whoppers. The Loon and the T-1000 are my favorites by far. I'm slowly phasing out my other colors.

loon.jpg

T1000.jpg

• Like 1

I have not used one yet, but since you gave it such great reviews I will try it. Hard for me to lay the buzzbait down. Let you know how it goes. Thanks

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Did you see that article I posted on our TA Facebook about the Buzzbait tweaks? That 3 legged white frog. I want to try some of those on my buzzbaits. I already got some white Kreatures on them now. :)

• Like 1

They're only gonna see the bottom of top water baits. 

You might consider fingernail polish.  Cheap and change colors as often as you want. 

Just a thought

I use the Copic Airbrush System for painting lures. It isn't the cheapest method, but it is effective, fast, and requires no cleaning. I just use the cheapest airbrush compressor from Harbor Freight to run the system.

Btw, I know this was an old thread, but I noticed you didn't have an answer here, so I thought I'd throw in my two cents :)

Edited by Striper57
  • Like 1