Sign in to follow this  
CamWardSaysNo

Thinking About Saturday

Figured I would get a few more views on the striper page........What is the water level comparison on Boone, like from the beginning of December to now?  I've tried to pull up the level history and TVA doesn't seem to store it.  Would put in a Pickens.  Is the lake navigable?  Would it be even worth trying?

Yes navigable and Striper are biting. The lake has stayed close to the same level for two years now. Tnken is the guy to ask about where the dangerous spots are

post-75-0-22386800-1455816392_thumb.png

Edited by Rusty50576

Awesome.....Thanks!  I'm going to put in at Pickens Bridge.  I don't really have any intention of going too far from there, as I have a few places that are typically loaded with bait only a few miles away.  That being said, I've not been since December so everything is subject to change.  Thanks for the info.  Hopefully I'll have a good report.

Nothing to worry bout on Boone really. It's easily navigatable. It is 10' lower than usual winter drawdown. As Rusty said Pickens is your only choice they are working on some more ramps tho. I can't help you as far as fishing. I haven't been out but know people are catching them. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have heard of even some locals having to repair the boat hull. Much caution is advised.

If you have something with a lake chart on it, stay in the main channel and you will be fine.  If you are running after daylight, remember that your navigation may be slower than your boat speed, and hence not keeping up.  Don't take chances.  Watch out for the long skinny point across Buddy's Beach at Goat Island.  Several have found that shallow water, and we had one fatality there.

Fish are biting, I haven't been as it is ski season.  There is a local guide that has been doing pretty good.  But, he is out there every day.

Don't expect to find any bait.  Only thing available is about 1 1/2 threadfin or 14" gizzards.  There might be one reasonable sized threadfin to 1,000 little fish. 

• Like 3

Went yesterday afternoon for a few.  Not real productive for 4 hours of fishing.  One striper and one hybrid.  Noting special.  Hybrid was a fatty.

• Like 3