Fland49

Accidents happen, split second

Well heck, one more week until we had followup scans scheduled at UT. Have finally been up walking more and doing little things. Cleaned the Bass Tracker up yesterday and fellow forum member Jgbelcher bought it. That was third of four days of increasing pain in both legs. This morning could not walk so off to ER. Sure enough, significant blood clots in both. Belly injection of liquid blood thinner, now started oral anticoagulant. Ok, enough of the gory details. It's deep vein thrombosis which runs high risk of heart attack, stroke or pulmonary embolism.

So, now it's even scarier for Anne. Me too.

• Like 1

Seems like that red oak did more damage than any of us knew. Three month CT scans showed another broken vertabra that had been missed in all the mad scrambles, this one at T6 lower in the back. Makes sense because I'd been having a lot of pain in that area.

Forgot to finish that report...! Just want to stay in touch via thoughts and thank you for your support.

Frank, hopefully I'm not crossing a line, but were you cutting the tree down when it hit ya? Continued prayers for you and the family

Edited by Rusty50576

Frank, hopefully I'm not crossing a line, but were you cutting the tree down when it hit ya? Continued prayers for you and the family

No, this was a dead snag in a grove of dead and dying red oaks where I was repairing fence line through there. Fell and hit me from behind but I never heard a crack or warning sound - it was too pithy and wet from all the rains in late Dec/early Jan.

No, this was a dead snag in a grove of dead and dying red oaks where I was repairing fence line through there. Fell and hit me from behind but I never heard a crack or warning sound - it was too pithy and wet from all the rains in late Dec/early Jan.

My goodness..... Here's to continued healing!

• Like 3

On 5/9/2016 at 10:13 PM, ProTek said:

How about a progress report Frank?

Well this is a long-delayed report. I’m good. Blessed and thankful. 

Last year in June I finally was able to get back on the tractor and went down to the creek bottom pasture where the accident happened. Sat there for a while, just thinking. The moved “Tge Tree”. It was bigger than I thought - thank goodness it was a rotten one and broke once where it hit me, then into two more pieces when it hit the ground. That’s why I wasn’t trapped under it. 

The last picture is from two of my brothers in law. They were trimming some Bradford pear trees and texted this posed shot of the two of them. Anne said “that’s cruel”. I said “it’s great”. And laughed. 

Thanks to all TA forum friends for moral support. Frank

FE474C1F-FA62-40D0-9971-920DA6C6F22B.jpeg

DA9058A7-90DA-45F6-AF3C-F2FA73F70B79.jpeg

48AD8775-C781-4BBB-862A-E136513B1B42.jpeg

2661B8B3-DD18-44A1-A9B6-25655F916701.jpeg

On January 7, 2018 at 11:14 PM, C4PZL0K said:

Good grief! Be careful out there Frank

January 7 C4PZLOK posted. Just happened Jan 7 is the two year anniversary of the "tree" accident. I am just thankful to be alive and not paralyzed. Had two bonus years and hoping for another. 

• Like 2