Fland49

Accidents happen, split second

Well I can't say whether I had bad luck (with a tree falling on me) or extremely good luck (surviving it without death or paralysis).

Was a bad accident. Tree hit from behind on head, then left shoulder. Broken neck is the worst injury. Clavicle, rotator cuff, T6 vertabra, left jaw are also damaged. Everything hurts.

Am home now after stops at Blount Mem ER, then transferred to UT Trauma Unit and neurological surgery ward. Discharge doc suggested I buy Power Ball tickets because that's how lucky I was. Still at risk but keeping my head still and neck straight in collar. More X-rays and CT scans in a few days and see...

Of course I always knew accidents can happen to anyone. Just didn't expect this one; maybe that's the way of most.

Prayers and good thoughts needed for my wife; she's scared and of course feels helpless because I'm helpless. Though it's a sad situation, we are very fortunate and life is good. I know that and appreciate it. Frank

Your trauma Doc may be right.  Maybe this a sign you should buy some PowerBall tickets now that the payout has hit $1.3 BILLION!!!  That could certainly help with your recovery.  Regardless, glad to hear you're still with us and best wishes for a complete and speedy recovery.

Thank you men for those supportive thoughts. I am still able to read, think, remember, get up & down (slowly & carefully), walk to bathroom and back. Some spells of vision problems but I just read in short periods. Drinking everything thru a bent straw is awkward; esp coffee - that just doesn't seem right.

Take it from one who on the "needy" side now, kind thoughts and short prayers are absolutely helpful. Thank you.

• Like 6

Well maybe you have used up all your bad luck and it will be smooth sailing from here on. 

Get well soon Frank.

• Like 1

Prayers for a speedy recovery and hopefully the fish will just get a short break from that hook set

Just need to use sharper hooks and a wrist set. That's my plan, for later.

• Like 3