coolbreeze135

2016 Fishing resolutions

I am late to the party, but since I haven't wet a line yet this year, here are mine:

1) Find a catfish hole within a half hour from home

2) Catch a true Coosa bass

3) Get my son onto a 10+ pound cat

4) Get my boat out more often (bought Rusty's old boat last year and only had it out twice)

5) Find some hidden gems up here on the plateau (haven't had much luck there in the last year... It's tough to find good water up here)

That's it. Just fish more, I guess. Finding catfish and getting the boy on to them would make my year. Went on 20+ public water catfishing trips last year with zero cats caught. Watts Bar, The Clinch, Center Hill, the Emory, Melton Hill... You name it. Need to knock the skunk off and find some whiskers.

Opry, Ft. Loudon is probably the better lake for cats, if it is within your driving area.  dada 1-11-16  1PM

It's an hour and 20 minutes. I can make the trip, but not frequently.

Gotta find a closer spot.

Google tells me that two of my small local lakes have cats... But I've never caught one out of either. Only big lake that is close enough to call home is Center Hill, and there is video and picture evidence of large cats in there.

It is certainly not as good as Loudon or Watts, but it may have to do as a "home" spot until we can get out east to some real cat waters.

:)

Opry, Any dam that you can throw a catfish lure up against on the spillway side will certainly bring in the cats if fished along the bottom AND if TVA is discharging water. And, in doing so, you might also hang onto a walleye or two. Just stay away from the "boils" that could tear your boat to pieces if you are over them when it starts. dada 1-12-16 7:51 PM

And that shall be attempted. :) maybe I'll make it out to Loudon, meet up with Rusty, and slay some fishies. :)

I'm also excited about getting involved in another frenzy like the white bass extravaganza on Easter Sunday 2015.

Whites would be great... But also hoping to catch skippies running. Light tackle, a few grubs inline.... Mmmmmmmmmm.... Fun fun fun.

Edited by Opry99er

I already fish every chance I get but Its still to fish more haha

Id like to catch a huge flathead, my biggest is 20 lbs.

Id like to catch a limit of each of the fish I go after. crappie, walleye, bass, etc.

Id like to become a better fisherman, I guess to be confident that I can catch a fish every time I go to the lake haha.

Tip on learning to use a baitcaster that I used. Saved me a lot of time and money on line.

pull out about a cast and a half of line and take a piece of black tape about 1" and put on your spool. Now when you make a bad cast, it wont back lash no further than the tape. This tip really helped me. I got it from a bassin' magazine.