TXredfish

Removing fish hooks from the body.

Circa, about 2002, Douglas Lake- Trolling for crappie, a 5# catfish  hit, was pulled into boat by hand, then flipped & the treble hooks "stapled" my thumb & forefinger together. By myself, with one hand, finally got the  fish cut loose, boat on the trailer, drove to Dr in Dandridge, had to get my OWN CUTTERS to clip the hooks apart, then had to pay the bill & hang my head! DARN CATFISH!!!!!!!      dada 8-20-15  8:46 AM

• Like 1

Knowledge is power! Power to get the hook out of the person you just assaulted with your rod and reel!

I've never seen this before but I sure will remember it but hope never to use it.

First time was with a rattle trap...fish was shakin and lure was making noises....poor lil fish got to be bird food as he had me pinned to treble hook in finger while he was shakin.  Hook was in his mouth.  To this day I get chills with that rattlin noise.

• Like 1

The mono loop tricks works well on some hooks (usually hooks w smaller barbs) BUT! I've seen it go bad and I mean really bad either the hook just staying in painfully or ripping flesh and muscle out on barb! There is also good/bad videos on youtube ! Just have the the facts , before u Set the Hook !

This guy, well, he is different to say the least.

While the video should be educational on removing a fish hook from your arm, somehow 

it shows what not to do. I'm not sure just what I learned. You'll just have to watch it.

• Like 1

This guy, well, he is different to say the least.

While the video should be educational on removing a fish hook from your arm, somehow 

it shows what not to do. I'm not sure just what I learned. You'll just have to watch it.

yep dont always work !