ecox

New MK Ulterra self deploy / retrieve

Well I got my new MK Ulterra & put it on the boat this evening. Did a few dry runs up & down so expect that I will like it tomorrow on the water.

• Like 9

The new MK Ulterra worked as advertised, although I used the gas motor to troll u-riggs with great success.

I feel good about the new motor and the way it functions.

• Like 1

The new MK Ulterra worked as advertised, although I used the gas motor to troll u-riggs with great success.

I feel good about the new motor and the way it functions.

Share with us which Ulterra model you have.  80lb, 112lb, i-pilot, i-pilot link?

Share with us which Ulterra model you have.  80lb, 112lb, i-pilot, i-pilot link?

ULTERRA 80 / US2-60" W / I-pilot

The I-pilot link was a serious thought since I have the Humminbird ONIX. I am mostly a live bait fisherman & struggle to use a trail I lay on my I-pilot. My contour lines for u-rigs are a key to catching stripers.

• Like 2

Hey Ecox, are you using the US2 sonar or did you find a way to run a transducer on the foot?  The only drawback to the Ulterra I have found is not being able to run a DI transducer on the foot. Any attempt at running an external transducer on this thing usually ends up with the cable being eaten by the stow/deploy mechanism.

Hey Ecox, are you using the US2 sonar or did you find a way to run a transducer on the foot?  The only drawback to the Ulterra I have found is not being able to run a DI transducer on the foot. Any attempt at running an external transducer on this thing usually ends up with the cable being eaten by the stow/deploy mechanism.

Sorry about delay. Fishing shows has kept me busy.>

I do not currently use the US2, but have in the past. I use the Humminbird ONIX with a transom mount.

I can read 2D & imaging fantastic off the transom running to my top speed @ 40 mph.  In the cold winter months  I am using my gas motor to troll umbrella rigs so Ulterra is not deployed.

What an awesome new toy. I saw them advertising it a while back. How much did u sell your terrova for?

I sold it at a real discount to a friend.  $800. He also purchased my Crestliner 1870.

Edited by ecox

I have & will only if back up is close so I can recover from a failure. It did one time so that is not a good feeling. It is cool if all works but feels like a fool if it don't.

• Like 4