Opry99er

2015 fishing goals

I like 2,3, and 4 there, Duck!! My kind of fishing trips there!!!

My PB cat of any size was a 26 lb flat down in Texas and that was when I was a kid.

I am excited to get my son onto some big cats... I'm a big advocate of C&R of large cat specimens and am hoping this year to get him onto his first big cat. (Big being 20+ pounds for blue/flat and 15+ on channel)

Never fished for or caught a muskie, but I'm sure it's a hoot. Fish of a thousand casts, I hear. :)

Take my 4 year old boy fishing for the first time

Catch a 30 pound cat

Epic. My son was 3 when he caught his first fish... Little pond. I casted the line, fish set itself, boy reeled it in. 7" bluegill.

Second fish was the next day, same pond, same order of operations... 14" bucketmouth.

Been hooked ever since. Great times, fishing with your kid.... I wish you luck, and I hope his first fish is that 30 pound cat!!!

I appreciate it. Im excited, just not sure he'll have the patience. Im probably gonna take him for bluegills first. Try and and get him on something pretty easy. We will probably go to patrick henry dam first if not down to the holston at netherland inn.

Pond gills are the ticket. Teach him to cast and slap a float and hook on there... Crawlers are cheap, memories are priceless.

Good luck.

• Like 1

Great topic !

1. Educate myself on the food my fish eat (when, how active & why)

2. Follow up #1 by learning the habits & patterns of the baitfish.

3. Learn to trust my electronics more than my (amature) instinct.  If there's no baitfish or fish then just leave that beautiful looking spot alone. 

4. Dedicate more time to the Lower half of Norris & learn more of Cherokee

FINALLY---  I VOW TO USE THAT NEW BANJO MINNOW KIT I'VE BEEN THROWING AROUND FOR 6 YRS !!!

Hey man!!! I have a brand new Banjo kit myself! It is 15 years old.. One of the first ones they put out on the infomercials. :)

And great goals... You do those things, you'll become a Level 5 dragon master slayer fisherman.

• Like 1

i did set one goal for myself this year I am actually doing now.  I live in Claiborne Co. so I am blessed with a gazillion water access points.  While the water is at it's lowest I have been visiting these places & marking alot of structure.  I have the Navionics app on my phone so i'll just grab a pole & walk the shoreline.  I have found some great places that at full pool in summer would be way out of my comfort zone of fishing deep structure.  Timber, submerged bridge columns, road beds, ledges, and so many more, my favorite is all of those big rocky humps that are showing now but will be 15' deep right after the small mouth spawn.  So with this app on my phone, my topo lake map, google earth & finally the ol fish finder i am on a mission to go "fish catching" this year. 

• Like 2

Really thought provoking topic. 2015 List

1. Appreciate how fortunate I am to live in East Tennessee.

2. Slow down and enjoy the view

3. Learn to fish like the local Douglas lake TA pros.

4.Listen more talk less (learn more that way)

5. Know that your never too old to learn new tricks.

• Like 1

My main goal is to make the trip back down to Watts Bar Dam for some catfishing and the occasional stripe that hits. I want to catch a fish on a jig I tied. I Want to catch a bluegill that 2 lbs+ preferably on a jig I tied lol

1) I want to figure out high percentage bass fishing, to catch fish more regularly.

2) I need to learn how to find and fish crappie.

3) I am starting slow by renting a kayak, but I am going to kayak fish rivers for smallies and trout.

4) I need to fish more often.  

I can start working on size goals when I start catching fish more regularly.  I used marker buoys Monday for the first time and I have found success bass fishing humps.  I hope that the buoys allow me to fish humps more efficiently.