Opry99er

2015 fishing goals

Back in CO, the boys and I used to set fishing goals for ourselves for the upcoming year. Of course "safety" is a given, and we all strive for that. I wish you all a safe 2015 on the water.

What are your goals for the upcoming year?

I'll start:

1) Chart all 4 lakes I frequent up here on the plateau

2) Get my son onto a 20+ pound blue cat

3) Fish with rusty and learn how to limit on whites on the regular

4) Become a better all-around catfish angler

5) Find and dial in a local(ish) walleye population.

Happy Hunting all!!! I wish you many great days in the upcoming year!

• Like 1

That's some pretty good goals. Good luck I hope you get them. Number one on my list would have to be a 35 pound plus striper. After 2 years chasing 30 I finally broke it last year with a 33. My previous was a 28. Hone my walleye/sauger skills is also on my list along with figuring out some big bluegill on a trip or two.

• Like 1

I'm honored to make the annual bucket list!!! Haha white bass are super easy this year, anyone could get a hundred. Some years they are more scarce, but you don't need any of my help catching them, you just need to get in the Tennessee river with a gas engine!!

Edited by rusty50576
  • Like 1

Wow... A 30 pound striper!!! That's a freakin beast!! And 35... I couldn't imagine...

Great goal, and I hope you make it!

rusty.. No goals for the thread, brother??

Well I just sold my Fl. home so my number :fishingboot 1 after moving full time to Dandridge is to really learn how to fish like all you pros.

• Like 1

1) Bust 20 pds with a 5 smallie's on Cherokee had 19 something once but never over 20 on the Indian in a tourney.

2) Bust 25 pds w 5 LM on Douglas best ever was 23 something for me personally 2 years ago in a tourney.

3)Get better on my electronics. Decent enough now but always room to learn more.

4)Be more involved with our High School fishing team and the kids in general.

5)Fish smarter, not harder the rotator cuff will thank me for that!.

• Like 1

I suppose my main goal currently is get my engine working on my big boat! Been down since late summer, thankfully I have a lot of boats. Another goal I have is to spend more time fishing at ft Loudoun dam, I miss it down there

• Like 1

Crap, I forgot one.

6) Be there at the right time for the skipjack run below a dam on the TN river...

I want one of "those" days on skips... The Aurora Borealis of fishing phenomena.

Edited by Opry99er

If any of you have a chance to be involved with a HS fishing team in any form I would strongly encourage you to get involved. Even though you personally don't get to make a cast it's worth every minute and dime you invest in it. I think I have more fun than the kids do. Wish I would have had that opportunity back when I was in school.

I hope to get involved in a program to get kids on the water fishing,maybe at even younger age.Get them on the water and off the streets.

• Like 2

Catch a striper over 40lbs (preferably over 50).  (Means traveling this spring and learning to fish with skipjack)

Catch a brown trout over 10lbs out of the South Holston.  (Means fishing more and with bigger lures). 

• Like 4

And where might a man find this 40# pound striper and what is different about using skipjack for bait?   I should also add learning my electronics to my goals. Rusty I have treid to pm you but it will not let me. says you are not receiving pm's at this time..

What a great thread & responses. > Going to have to think about my goals before posting.

Guess I can help some others reach their goals with stripers & maybe browns.

• Like 3

And where might a man find this 40# pound striper and what is different about using skipjack for bait? I should also add learning my electronics to my goals. Rusty I have treid to pm you but it will not let me. says you are not receiving pm's at this time..

Not sure why, let me see if it's full or something

Thinking one of my goals.....follow TnKen!!

Really though.....I just hope to spend more time on the water than I've got to lately...among new and old friends with lots of laughs, bent poles and emptied bait tanks!!!.....Its all about the memories and not necessarily the size or quantity!!

• Like 5

I think my goals this year will be

1.) To fish more often

2.) Alternate between lake and stream

3.) Fish in a tournament

4.) Take my grandkids fishing

This makes me want to go tomorrow!

:fishingboot

Thinking one of my goals.....follow TnKen!!

Really though.....I just hope to spend more time on the water than I've got to lately...among new and old friends with lots of laughs, bent poles and emptied bait tanks!!!.....Its all about the memories and not necessarily the size or quantity!!

Anytime!!

Like Ecox this is a toughy.  My wife blesses me with letting me to fish now just about anytime but I would like to have the strength to keep my exercises up to continue to get stronger.  (kind of a pain ... even though it feels good)  Would like no surprises this year as far as health for family and friends...yup...let everyone stay healthy this year...on this site too.

And lastly finish the down stairs....ugh...one day at a time.  :)

Well, saw photos this morning from a fellow and his uncle that caught a 9 pounder and 17 pounder out of the Holston River.  Fishing at night.  Hummmm.  Means I will have to figure out how to mark rocks on the Lowrance so I can run at night.

Well, at least I know the 10 pound brown is not an unattainable goal.

• Like 1