kahrp45andy

powerdrive v2 with pre installed ipilot

I have done a little reading and cant find much information about it anywhere but there are rumors of a swith that will let you use a foot pedal when you dont want to use the handheld remote. You can not use them at the same time you can use one or the other. Does any one know anymore about this? Has anyone used this? I think a foot pedal could come in handy under certain conditions like jigging in the river or just in case the remote craps out on the water (my biggest fear).  

You may be talking about the wireless foot pedal that was used in conjunction with the co-pilot system on a powerdrive or Riptide models. I would want to confirm it will work with an i-pilot. MFR #1866055

From what I have read they talk about a switch that is similar to a toggle switch that you wire up and just flip it to use the footpedal and vice versa. Knowing what I know now I probably would have stepped up to a terrova to use both in conjunction. Don't get me wrong I love the ipilot and its great for striper fishing I just wonder about how it will do jigging especially if I want to use a second rod. I'm thinking I may be able to program some tracks tho and jig like tha .

I really like the handheld i pilot. it seems to work great and anchor mode is awesome unless there is a really strong swirling wind. I am concerned about it the current of the river tho. I have an idea to make a track and set my cruise control and I think that should free up my hands and make for some good drifts but I am not sure. 

Talked to Minn Kota today; the above mentioned foot pedal will not work with anything but a co-pilot. There is not a present means of using a foot pedal with an i-pilot that Minn Kota is aware .

kahrp45andy, I have an 80 lb Terrova with the i-pilot and love it.  Like DJ's Marine said, I can't use my foot pedal and remote at the same time and haven't heard of a switch to do so...  I initially bought the Terrova and then later on put the i-pilot on it. I did that just in case the i-pilot has problems and I need to plug in the foot pedal but so far the i-pilot's been great.  

I've tried doing what you're talking about with recording a track and setting the cruise control to slow down the drift while jigging.  I've found it's easier and less hassle for me to use the Advanced Autopilot to set a bearing when I start a drift and then use the cruise control to slow down your drift speed. 

I always keep another spare battery for the remote in one of my water tight boxes because I've had one die on me before and that sucks... I'm not coordinated enough to jig 2 rods at the same time, I've tried it and always end up with my jigs tangled or don't have a spare hand to grab the net... Good Luck !