tshookset

tip/trick for night fishing braid

i fish at night in the warmer months n use uv/black lights and braid. i got one of those pen that you color baits with in chartruse n cut a small slice thru the middle and run the first 30-40 yards of my braid thru it , it now glows under uv lite ! not as good as tru flouresent braid but i can see it ! Set the Hook ! same brand as the popular garlic worm dip, just cant think of it rite now lol !

• Like 10

i fish at night in the warmer months n use uv/black lights and braid. i got one of those pen that you color baits with in chartruse n cut a small slice thru the middle and run the first 30-40 yards of my braid thru it , it now glows under uv lite ! not as good as tru flouresent braid but i can see it ! Set the Hook ! same brand as the popular garlic worm dip, just cant think of it rite now lol !

oh yea and if ur braid starts to fade the spike -it pen will perk it rite up !

Yes, but when memory starts to fade, what will perk it up?

Nice thing about tips here (as opposed to verbal) is that you can read them again if you forgot the details. Of course, you do have to remember enough to get back to the right post...

• Like 2

One thing you can do with braid to turn it into black light visible line is to buy several cheap highlighters, remove the back of 2-4 of them and remove the ink insert. Put the inserts  (2 per cup of mineral spirits) into mineral spirits and allow the color to bleed until the mineral spirits are the color of your choice yellow, green, pink... Get clear 100% silicone from a calk tube or the type for a gun and add roughly 1/4 cup per cup of "colored" mineral spirits and stir until dissolved. This liquid can be used to soak 30 yards+ of line, or you can get a paint brush and ever couple of feet paint a section of line, just be sure it is dry before spooling it back up. Not only does the florescent color transfer to the line, the silicone/mineral spirits mix makes it 100% waterproof, so the color should stick for a trip or two before disappearing. 

By the way, if you leave out the sharpie inserts this same mix can be brushed on backpacks, tents, boots, most canvasses, and other things to cause waterproofing. Just apply evenly with a paint brush and allow to dry 24 hours, and no more leaking tent seems, waterproof cloth seats after steam cleaning, or any material that leaks can be treated on the cheap. 

Good luck and fishing! 

• Like 4