Sign in to follow this  
ProTek

What do you fish for mostly?

Which brand of trolling motor to you think is best?  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Which brand of trolling motor to you think is best?

• Minn Kota
    • Motorguide
    • Other (Please explain in a post)

Depends on time of year. Late Winter/Early spring is trout/white bass/walleye/crappie. Late spring/summer/early fall is river smallies/mountain trout/catfish. Fall is trout/lake smallies/stripers. Winter is trout/sometimes lake smallies. :reeling

I grew up in Massachusetts fishing LM, SM and (saltwater) stripers and bluefish.  Now I'm addicted to freshwater stripers and hybrid...  Also love inshore saltwater fishing the east and gulf coasts (redfish, snook, speckled trout, etc).

whatever I can eat, which at most times is white bass due to their extreme abundance and liberal creel limits.  My favorite to catch would be a tie between smallmouth and largemouth.  I like smallmouth fishing better but aint nothing like an 8lb bucket mouth bulldogging you til your rod is underwater up to the reel

I clicked on Other to reflect crappie and noticed too late that crappie were included under panfish.  And delicious panfish they are!

I voted catfish. No matter how many times I get waxed and go home empty-handed, I cannot stop chasing my fine whiskered friends.

That said, if there's a mean bite on crappie or LMBs, I won't be a stuff-shirt. Just give me a tug...

But mostly catfish...

• Like 1

I fish for almost anything, Lakes its Bass (Any type) or Crappie, Rivers its Trout ,or what ever is there  and anything in salt water.

Catching fish is Just a Bonus !!

Edited by tsbvfl
  • Like 1