Sign in to follow this  
ProTek

What do you fish for mostly?

Which brand of trolling motor to you think is best?  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Which brand of trolling motor to you think is best?

• Minn Kota
    • Motorguide
    • Other (Please explain in a post)

Now a days I mainly fish for bass, smallies being the favorite of the 3, I always like catching crappie when they're running. However I grew up fly fishing the Clinch River below Norris for trout. I even rowed a drift boat and guided out there for a few years. I have to say it kind of burnt me out, knowing where every rock and pebble was in the river and when the trout would bite, what one etc etc etc etc. Last year me and my wife bought a house out on Melton Hill. Now I'm out there trying to learn the ends and outs of it.

I"ve become addicted to tricking pan fish with tiny floating cranks. I like the Rapala F3's and Bitsy minnows. I been catching a lot of rock bass lately with these also.

I'll fish for any thing that swims. my favorite would have to be skamania steelhead, fights like a smallmouth on steriods. also like those striped fish.

Those that know me know that I love fish period. I've spent a few years almost exclusively chasing stripers but have revisited my roots in the last year or so and gotten back into bass fishing with my father so I could spend more time with him and have rekindled a love for the sport! I absolutely LOVE all forms of saltwater fishing too and have spent many a day on flats, bays and blue water..I live for the hunt, the mystery and the thrill of the strike no matter what the species.

Usually when I go it's mainly largemouth that I try for, then spots, smallmouth or anything that gets on the other end of the line. What's the defination of a fisherman? It's a jerk on one end of a line waiting for a jerk on the other end.