Sign in to follow this  
ProTek

What do you fish for mostly?

Which brand of trolling motor to you think is best?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Which brand of trolling motor to you think is best?

• Minn Kota
    • Motorguide
    • Other (Please explain in a post)

When I hit the water, I am usually after largemouth bass. After that comes smallmouth bass. How about ya'll? Vote now. Post about it if you'd like also.

When fishing rivers, which is most of the time, I target smallmouth. When fishing lakes, I basically use the same equipment and lures that I use for smallies, but I'm happy to catch anything.

It is pretty obvious that my primary target is striped fish in lakes, rivers, tailrace, shallow, deep, current, muddy, clear, BUT do love to bend the pole with any species.

i'm a trout stalker, have been as long as i can remember, though i have nothing against piercing anything that will cooperate

Edited by gd77punk

I fish for crappie, bluegill, shellcrackers, trout, lm bass, sm bass, spots, stripe, hybrids, rocks, once in a blue moon walleye. I enjoy catching anything that will pull on a rod, I am not a one species type of fisherman many people are but I have to have a change every now and then.

I currently live about a mile from the saltwater, so right now my fishing is for redfish and speck trout. But hopefully next year we will be moving to Tennesee. I used to fish Lake Cumberland, Dale Hollow and Kentucky Lake. So freshwater is no stranger to me. However, I am always open to learning everything I can about Cherokee Lake.

I like green fish but living here I often target smallmouth as well. Shellie is the multi-species master and gauges her success not by the size or quantity of her fish but how many different species find their way to the deck. We don't target stripers or hybrids but enjoy catching them and we never pass up the opportunity to put a walleye or crappie in the freezer.

Mostly I'm just out to have fun, take pictures, and learn some new things. My favorite fish so far to catch has been Walleye. When I do specifically target fish I mostly go after them opposed to bass. I like the way that they look and their teeth make them menacing looking. They are just fun and different to catch. I would however love to catch some small Muskie. I think that would be a blast. Other than that I'm just out playing and having a good time.

Me too for the walleye. I enjoy the challenge with the different methods you have you use to catch them. Plus they tend to be more on structure especially during the day and I enjoy that type of fishing most no mater the species.

I would say hybrid stripers are the fish I go for the most. We don't have many stripers here in Ohio, so we go after the next best thing. My first love are stream smallies. I've been fishing for them for 38 yrs and have loved every minute of it. I am really a multi-species fisherman. I just love the challenge of catching fish. I have even targeted quillback suckers! I love to fish for big flathead catfish and drift the mighty Ohio River for blue cats. I recently added a couple of Mirror Carp to my list of fishing challenges met. In the spring, I look forward to the Redhorse and white sucker run. I love fishing for those things. They taste good too, just don't like to mess with all those bones. So I guess I love to fish for fish. :D

lm sm bass of course but like them striped ones too ! when them stripes run n spring , im there ! trout in summer ! crappie in cool weather ! been catching walleye n tailraces luv it !

Edited by tshookset