kcsteve

Berkley Braid Knot?

If the Palomar is working for you, don't change.  The Palomar is not a tight knot and coated Braided line will slip sometimes and come untied, for me anyway. The Braid Knot is a good knot when using Braided or Fluorocarbon line. Some knots require three hands but, this knot is not hard to tie. Take some old line, tie and compare different knots. I use an old hookless lure to tie to. Using gloves, I pull until it breaks. I've learned that a sloppy tied, ugly knot breaks real easy. A good looking knot is always stronger. I'm using the Double San Diego Jam Knot more and more for everything.  Basically, It's the Braid Knot except you keep coming up through the top loop. It's the strongest knot I've ever tested. Check it out.

• Like 2

I use the Palomar with a big tag, then a clinch knot with the tag end when I am rigging my cat rods. With thick braid, you could pull a shopping cart off the bottom with this knot. :)

That B Braid knot looks pretty wicked though...

I use it and love it don't even need my glasses to tie one. Its strong as hell too. Caught a 40 plus pound cat fish using it. Sorry I didn't watch the video thought it was similar to the Palomar knot. 

Edited by Bluegrassen
Should have watched the video

On December 21, 2015 at 12:03 AM, kcsteve said:

If the Palomar is working for you, don't change.  The Palomar is not a tight knot and coated Braided line will slip sometimes and come untied, for me anyway. The Braid Knot is a good knot when using Braided or Fluorocarbon line. Some knots require three hands but, this knot is not hard to tie. Take some old line, tie and compare different knots. I use an old hookless lure to tie to. Using gloves, I pull until it breaks. I've learned that a sloppy tied, ugly knot breaks real easy. A good looking knot is always stronger. I'm using the Double San Diego Jam Knot more and more for everything.  Basically, It's the Braid Knot except you keep coming up through the top loop. It's the strongest knot I've ever tested. Check it out.

Great comments and suggestions.  

On December 18, 2017 at 3:42 PM, brodaniel said:

I use a  modified Reverse Clinch knot for all applications and line types.  I have never had a failure.

Alton was a friend and tournament companion of my close friend David Wharton (RIP old pal). I used the same knot that Alton demonstrates but didn't have a name for it in the 1970's. 

What a great tutorial.   22 seconds animated.  It would be nice if they did other tutorials in that format.  

Thanks for sharing.