kcsteve

What is your Favorite Worm Color at what Lake

There must be over a thousand different colors of worms.  The standard colors of purple, blue, red and black seem kind of plain when compared to todays colors.  The natural colors of green seem to be popular nowadays.  My favorite colors for Watts Bar and Chickamauga are green pumpkin in the river and watermelon on the lower end.

What are your favorite colors?

• Like 2

I'm glad to hear the june bug color is good on Watts Bar. I've had lots of good luck with it on Kentucky and haven't had a chance to fish it much on Watts Bar. Thanks for the info.

• Like 1

Wish I only had one color....seems to change on me wether spring ... summer ... or fall. There's some basic one's for me for sure but there's always one thats better. Or maybe I carry too many and think this!

I always had good luck with a Berkley black worm with metallic blue fleck on Douglas. Tomato red worms worked pretty good too. Im terrible at fishing plastics anyways. I'm more of a roostertail kinda guy for bass lol

I fished with a pro at the FLW Cumberland event and he said the best all around craw color would be green pumpkin orange flake since the crawfish are green with orange spots.  For worms I usually choose green pumpkin green flake, red, or orange flake in stained water and watermelon seed, red or orange flake in clear water.  At night, plum, plum apple, cherry seed, and redbug have been my best colors.

Green pumpkin, watermelon and red are my main choices. Not much of a flake [don'y ask my wife] but when in doubt black.

Lizards, craws and creature type baits are about it.

Color not as important as to where and when  I'm fishing.

Personal I don't believe color matters much; size, buoyancy and presentation are the key. That being said, I usually go for a Texas rigged 6" - 7" or bigger Pumpkin Chartreuse with a U-tail. Sometimes I use a toothpick to hold the slip sinker down at different lengths from the bait until I get my presentation right. In the spring a Bubblegum Fluke does it for me.  I'm loving those Tungsten sinkers also. This is on Norris lake by the way.

Good Fishing to all

Edited by Bluegrassen