Sign in to follow this  
gunner76137

Anybody fished a donkey rig??

I Never Have But Heard They Worked And I May Try It Soon.I've Always Said If Ones Good Two Has Got To Be Better.Most Techniques That Work Are Universal On Other Bodies Of Water.

I've also tried this, It's a little harder to land where you want. I have not doubled on it yet. A friend that showed this to me has doubled several times. He said it's a real blast!

It looks like it should work. I bet I could make it not work.

Haha...I've made it not work several times myself. But it does have killer action in the water and looks like it would be hard to resist.

• Like 2

I have used it sorta, I just tied one on a foot or so above the other. it usually works good for me in schooling situation. a smaller rig w 3'' lures works really well on white bass (stripe).

I have used it sorta, I just tied one on a foot or so above the other. it usually works good for me in schooling situation. a smaller rig w 3'' lures works really well on white bass (stripe).

Ive heard theres white bass in boone but I've never caught one there, I used to tear them up when I lived in texas,I love getting into a school of them

We used to catch them on rooster tails.

Edited by gunner76137

I've also tried this, It's a little harder to land where you want. I have not doubled on it yet. A friend that showed this to me has doubled several times. He said it's a real blast!

I remember how well this worked for you at Melton Hill !!!!!  Great Bait Thanks for sharin !!!     :lala: 

• Like 1

Won't tangle of you rig it with two barrel swivels. Tangling was never the problem for me, it was the lack of fish connected when I reeled it in.

Edited by SkyNet
  • Like 2

looks interesting. Looks like it would work. I would think that one would want to make sure to use heavy line to ensure a double hit at one time would insure that both fish made it to the boat. I believe I would modify it just at the junction of the line by, placing a tri-swivel at the end of the line with two thin wire leaders attached, thus, the baits are close to each other, but would not tangle. just an idea.