Sign in to follow this  
DixieDawg

One rod,one reel and one lure

For Sport:

St Croix Eyecon bounce and troll, Rapala TD-9 Silver, and 8lb line, with a Abu Garcia MGXtreme

For Food:

Ultralight St Croix Rod, Ultra Light Shimano Spinning Reel, Worms, and 6lb line.

Edited by C4PZL0K

For Sport:

St Croix Eyecon bounce and troll, Rapala TD-9 Silver, and 8lb line, with a Abu Garcia MGXtreme

For Food:

Ultralight St Croix Rod, Ultra Light Shimano Spinning Reel, Worms, and 6lb line.

Surely You Wouldn't Choose A Cork Handled Fairy Wand    :stir_pot:

• Like 2

Well if I read it right I would take a light action with a good but 6-9 lb lami with a small 700 Daiwia with eight pound power pro braid with a six or eight pound silverthread flurocarbon leader about six feet long. Onto this would be a small SR7 I believe the size is in a shad color.

DUN DEAL

Well I've Always Said That If I Could Only Use One Type Artificial Lure It Would Have To Be A Curly Tail Grub.I've Caught Practically Everything I Fish For With Grubs.I Would Throw It With 8 lb CXX P-line Spooled On A Pflueger Supreme MGX35 Attached To A 7' MH Abu Garcia Veritas.

• Like 2

Eagle claw starfire with abu garcia 6500 spooled with 20# berkley big game with a 4-6 foot 12# floro leader tipped with 2/0 gamakatsu octopus hook finished with a FRESH LIVELY GIZZARD!!....makes me happy,happy,happy!!

• Like 2

Only one?... Since a spinning rod is more versatile, I'll leave the flies at home.

It would have to be my lightweight St croix triumph with the quantum pt kinetic I keep on it. I like 4# trilene xl on it but for the sake of this exercise I'll go with 6, and a fire tiger rooster tail, 1/6 oz

Edited by gd77punk

If I had but one rod, reel, and lure to feed my family for the rest of my life, I would choose:

6'6" med. lt.  St. Croix Premier with a 2000 Daiwa Lexa.

8 lb. Berkely Nanofil with a 8 lb. fluoro leader.

1/4 oz. silver Acme Kastmaster

It may not be the best combo for all situations, but we wouldn't go hungry very often.

Edited by bradphil72

Well I've Always Said That If I Could Only Use One Type Artificial Lure It Would Have To Be A Curly Tail Grub.I've Caught Practically Everything I Fish For With Grubs.I Would Throw It With 8 lb CXX P-line Spooled On A Pflueger Supreme MGX35 Attached To A 7' MH Abu Garcia Veritas.

I agree with the grub..good bait. But would keep and use that combo for out on the west coast. Likeing the shadrap here.

Tight Lines

good quality 6'6'' med lite action graphite rod with quality midsize reel w extra spool 6lb test quality line and 20 lb quality braid on spare spool. this will cover a lot of fishing situations from trout,  panfish n stripe to lm, sm n hybrids n stripers although a lil lite for the later ! 3'' pearl white grub on a jighead. Set the Hook !

Edited by tshookset
  • Like 1

Bass pro brand rod (float and fly) 9'6" ML action, shimano sedona 750 reel with 6lb excel green line, black and silver original floating rapala I believe F7? I have caught more fish like this of many species and if I had only one choice I'd say that would have to be it. I've caught war mouth, LM, SM, walleye, trout, stripe, hybrid, carp, and even cats on this set up. Hard to beat.