jaopro

Looking for East Tennessee Outdoor Fishing Show Host?

Hope all is well with the Tennessee Anglers nation.  Our production team is looking for a host of a new locally produced fishing show.  The talent would need the following qualifications and vehicles.  This is a paid position.

1. Be able to catch fish on local East Tennessee lakes

2. Produce 1 new show per week, or shoot two shows in one week.  Segments would be less than 2 minutes in length.

(Shoots would last up to 4 hours per day including travel)

3. Talent would provide boat for filming

4. Talent would be responsible for tow vehicle of boat.

5. Talent would be responsible for updating website with local fishing forecast.

6. Talent would visit sponsor locations on a limited basis per quarter.

With sponsor funding, filming will start in March and continue until further notice.  On-Air experience and knowledge of camera angles and editing is a plus.  Monthly salary will be determined by qualifications of applicant.  Please send resume to rogan@jaopro.com for more information.  Links to video examples are encouraged.  

That would be cool but I know you'd have to Bleep out a lot of my words every time I lose a nice one lol. Not to mention no one but us locals would be able to understand my redneckese lol.

• Like 1

I can see it now...

Everyone who complains about others sharing specific spots will be come unglued...

Louisiana just lost lost a legend from local New Orleans TV…I think he had retired due to illness a few years ago…but was a local TV, radio, and print celeb for decades…he put 'me' on fish many of those years…and everyone else who tuned in…RIP... Frank Davis

Frank had a couple of guides in his pocket…you never knew what lake, bay, bayou, or where in the gulf….he might show up on Thursday nite….but with a few guides a phone call away from his camera crew…..Frank was on fish most weeks, with timely info on where to go.

Can you imagine every Thursday nite….someone showing up on TV….in your 'hole' …..broadcasting to the world….that your favorite species is biting on……hold the camera for a closeup….' xxx ' swim bait….in ' xxx ' color, and 'xx " ' length….and retrieved just like this…..bring the camera in for that retrieve….and they should still be biting on Saturday morning when you are ready to go out there……….

I am rolling on the floor and laughing my big ole maximus gluteus….right off...

This worked in southeast Louisiana….with the attitude to sharing fishing spots not being so protective as to what I have found here….

Whoever takes this job will be reviled instead of revered….what a shame.

Just my observation of local traditions.

On the other hand….those of you looking for a place to go fishing….this could be something good……just don't go on the next saturday.

Edited by BayouCajun

I can see it now...

Everyone who complains about others sharing specific spots will be come unglued...

Louisiana just lost lost a legend from local New Orleans TV…I think he had retired due to illness a few years ago…but was a local TV, radio, and print celeb for decades…he put 'me' on fish many of those years…and everyone else who tuned in…RIP... Frank Davis

Frank had a couple of guides in his pocket…you never knew what lake, bay, bayou, or where in the gulf….he might show up on Thursday nite….but with a few guides a phone call away from his camera crew…..Frank was on fish most weeks, with timely info on where to go.

Can you imagine every Thursday nite….someone showing up on TV….in your 'hole' …..broadcasting to the world….that your favorite species is biting on……hold the camera for a closeup….' xxx ' swim bait….in ' xxx ' color, and 'xx " ' length….and retrieved just like this…..bring the camera in for that retrieve….and they should still be biting on Saturday morning when you are ready to go out there……….

I am rolling on the floor and laughing my big ole maximus gluteus….right off...

This worked in southeast Louisiana….with the attitude to sharing fishing spots not being so protective as to what I have found here….

Whoever takes this job will be reviled instead of revered….what a shame.

Just my observation of local traditions.

On the other hand….those of you looking for a place to go fishing….this could be something good……just don't go on the next saturday.

BayouCajun,

You just may be our guy.  With such an eloquent and thorough response, we might just end our search tonight.  You won't be able to use those fancy words describing body parts on the air though, as we're just a bunch of good ole boys here in East Tennessee.  By the way, I think it's your Gluteus Maximus that your laughing off!  Good fishing my new Cajun friend. Hopefully you'll tune in.  

BayouCajun,

You just may be our guy. With such an eloquent and thorough response, we might just end our search tonight.

I feel like I am in the twilight zone....

Is a crew required to shoot the show or could this be done using your own devices such as "action" cameras? For example: a GoPro camera.

Yes.  Although GoPros will be used.  

capz, I will send you into SH1FZL0K on the way to the 'outer limits'….with this one….

radio1_zps1d747baa.jpg

one of my many forays into reducing gluteus….producing a 2 hour radio program...

all of a sudden twilight zone isn't quite far out enough is it?

jaopro….

I wish you extreme success, and you better believe I will watching for what you create, and even more eagerly watching for the local response.

If you maybe start each segment, with 'nobody else is watching'...

• Like 1

then that settles it, the first show is muskie on the grill…..from a fly….coming from C4P's secret hole….

Seriously….there are some great local fisherman on this website that I would love to see chase this opportunity….

and I am all about sharing…and benefiting from said sharing of others...

I wish this show started last week, so I had a place to go this saturday...

Hopefully you have received some PM's with some good candidates, and I hope it is a show worth watching.

You may be able to find a better all around fisherman, but I guarantee im better lookin. So sign me up<

"Oh Lord it's hard to be humble"

• Like 1

This looks like a serious opportunity. Someone who fishes every week and catches a variety of fish and can go to several different lakes might really enjoy it, and get help with expenses. It's not the time for me but I did enjoy helping with such things years ago.

Somewhere in Billy Westmoreland's archives are films we made in the early to mid 1970s.

• Like 3