Revolverman

Fishing secrets revealed........

After 25 views, I guess it was not such a good idea after all (only a couple of takers, one being the site owner).  :P  If someone would like some neat ideas I have used in the past, please pm me and I will be glad to tell you about them.

Revolverman

• Like 1

Yes, yes, yes. Please do it.

Here's one idea of something I used to do back in Texas when I was focused on big bass. Took a Fliptail brand lizard they were fat and soft, don't know if Fliptail is still in business) and cut the tail off. Took a 10" Mister Twister eel-like thing and cut the head off. Line 'email up just right and heat with a cigarette light and join the two together for a big, ugly bait. Always black.

These bass all came on that bait one night.post-196-0-06973100-1385933862_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Well, after 25 views and almost no comments. I guess there is no need to post any more. The blade bait really works well though. Please contact me via pm if you would like to know about any more I will be glad to help in any way I can.......it;'s all about fun and catching fish.

Revolverman

• Like 1

No sir, no begging needed here, just no one responded except the owner and a friend, so I figured no one would really want them. I would be happy to help any way I just did not want to bore people with boring fishing stuff.

I was glad to post but got complete silence... so I took that as a "oh boy, here they come......so I decided to see if someone really wanted me to post.

I am kind of s stat man, and stats showed 25 clicks with no one from the gang saying do it. :P

So I did not want to make anyone upset with me for posting.

Revolverman

The colorado blade bait is simple, attach a cordell spot to a wire with Colorado blade, adjust blade length so it does not hit rear of bait while pulling straight, use bigger line as this bait is a little heavier.

Use at night and yo-yo.

Revolverman

• Like 3

Posting on a fishing site when most are out fishing and expecting a response is not going to get you many clicks I fear. 25 clicks could have been 5 people looking at the thread 5 times each for updates. I would also imagine from the post I see that the majority here are rockfish guys and not interested in bass secrets.

This reminds me of a saying I once heard... If you like your insurance, you can keep it.

Yes, I think everything will work out just fine now that I know you are interested. Sorry for the confusion.

My wife and I are fighting cancer (operation in the morning for her) and my mind has not been exactly clear and I don't have a lot of spare time so posting time is limited.

I will be posting other things as time permits and thank you for being considerate to wait.

Revolverman

Yes, I think everything will work out just fine now that I know you are interested. Sorry for the confusion.

My wife and I are fighting cancer (operation in the morning for her) and my mind has not been exactly clear and I don't have a lot of spare time so posting time is limited.

I will be posting other things as time permits and thank you for being considerate to wait.

Revolverman

Sorry to hear about what your going through.  Both of my kids have had cancer as well as my grandma.  It's not pretty.  I have lifted you both up and do pray for our Lords mercy one way or another.  Hard to know his plans.

Take care

Oregon, so sorry to hear of your kids and family. Can't imagine...... :(

I actually did not mean to post this and then delete it. I am sorry but I made a mistake and did not want someone to get the info. wrong about the blades so I deleted to repost and never got to put it back up.

We just found out there may also be thyroid involved so my mind went somewhere else besides here.

Thanks for the prayers and kind words.

I did not want to get anyone confused in making this bait so I am going to try to post a pic as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Revolverman

Revolverman, you focus on your wife' surgery tomorrow. Don't worry about us - we will be here when you want some distraction. It's also apparent that you have sympathy, empathy and support from many of us who share something in common. We pray for a good day for you tomorrow.

post-771-0-56754600-1386032307_thumb.jpg

Thank you. Hope this helps. Please forgive the delay. Been a hectic day and more hectic on tuesday. Use this bait at night, yo-yo......helicopter down in deep cold water for big SM. Use a 1/2 oz cordell. White or silver works great in shallow water or paint black for deep water or night.

I used to let sink, then pull steady accross bottom for bigger slow fish.

Use bigger line. If blade hits rear end of rattler, cut blade wire 1/4 inch at a time until blade spins freely.

This is a all species bait, I have even caught big cats on it at night.

Revolverman

• Like 4

post-771-0-21095800-1386033401_thumb.jpg

Weedless Rattle/Cordell trap.

Remove all treble hooks, you can even cut hook hangers off bait if you want it to be clean. Add 1 big hook on rear, add your favorite soft bait such as shown or be creative, add grubs, eels, worms etc. Make it weedless just like you do your other plastic baits.

Remember to set the hook hard when you get a strike. I have used this bait mod for 20 years and caught many big fish on it.

It can be flipped, skipped (under docks), pitched.

Fish in brush piles, timber. Just go slow when you fish in wood and use a steady pull when coming through thicker stuff.......it will come. If you feel a hit, set hard (because you have to get that rattle bait out through those lips and then set that hook so you need to set pretty hard).... and use heavy line.

Hook sets is really no harder than when flipping or worming.

If you flip it, use flipping line as you would any time.

This is a great heavy weed bait, sometimes it will slow down but keep it coming and it will wiggle through. Sometimes, rip it and let it fall.

It looks like a fish chasing a fish......so you know what that will do for a bigger fish.

Yo-yo works very well in deep water off the bottom.

***I once flipped this rig into a big brush pile, got a hit, set the hook and "something" slapped my rod down on the boat so hard I thought it broke it".......it straightened an owner flipping hook I had on the back.***

Revolverman

• Like 1

post-771-0-96368600-1386065383_thumb.jpg

And last for now but probably the most fun of all. This bait will catch anything you can catch that will hit top water.

You never miss a strike with this bait and can fish it in the deepest part of lake and fish will come up to it. I have caught too many 5 and 6 pound fish over the last 20+ years to count.

This bait requires a couple minutes tuning but once tuned will last until you get a big fish.

There are certain reqirements for this bait to work properly and take my word for it......you have to have these key components for it to perform.

I learned of this bait from some people many years ago and have fine tuned it over the years.

You must use HEAVY line. It stays on top so don't worry about fish seeing it.

NEVER throw it on small line, it will break/snap and the fish will live for years with an ugly bait stuck in his mouth. This is why I retie often and use heavy line. Retie after each fish caught on this bait.

You must have no less than a 3 wing buzz blade. 2 blades will not provide the proper lift to get the cordell up on top.

The top wire has to be bent down at front tie after bottom wire is bent where arrows show being bent. The bending is done only because you want top buzzer to lift fast and get this thing to the top within 2 or 3 cranks.

Try to use a higher speed reel if you have one. It just makes it easier to get on top faster.

Results after bait is tuned in and ready, It will cast a mile, wind is a facter if tall cast are made because its such a big bait so cast low to water in wind and if you get it hung in a tree.........climb tree, cut limbs, do whatever you can to get it back ! (LOL) Just kidding but do try to get it if possible.

USE BIG LINE AND RETIE OFTEN.

Big fish will come up under and jerk bait down, not out on top like usual buzzer. You will NEVER see a strike coming..........you will only feel your line jerk and straighten out and sometimes the hit is so strong it will honeslty redirect your rod position before you can counter.

I have had the most severe strikes I have ever had with this bait around bridges and concrete pilings. Block walls and over brush piles.

Here is why. This bait resembles a small bird or duckling trying to swim away from a smaller fish under the surface. when a bigger fish sees this........it is instant curiosity......they have to come look and fast so they see a fast wiggle and next thing you know they swallow whole cordell and your rod slaps the front of the boat !

Please cut lead off buzzer (use side cutters) hooks until you get to joint where buzzer hook is joined. You will see a simple hook with a wire holding it. ****Gently bend buzzer wire open one time****, do not rebend**** more than once or you will weaken wire bend and lose a big fish later on. Just gently open up wire, Attach split ring on top of 1/2 oz CORDELL of you choice and squeeze closed gently.

(A Cordell bait has approx. 3 times more wiggle at **slower speeds** than any other bait I have tested under water in the last many years.)

Other rattle baits will works but do not rattle and wiggle at slow speeds.

I will help you get them tuned. You will love this bait but keep it hid in your box because someone will want it......... :lol:

This is a fun bait. and a VERY good bait.

I am now headed to the hospital with my wife for her operation, please say a prayer for us this morning. Thank you.

Revolverman

• Like 5

2013-12-03 001.JPG

And last for now but probably the most fun of all. This bait will catch anything you can catch that will hit top water.

You never miss a strike with this bait and can fish it in the deepest part of lake and fish will come up to it. I have caught too many 5 and 6 pound fish over the last 20+ years to count.

This bait requires a couple minutes tuning but once tuned will last until you get a big fish.

There are certain reqirements for this bait to work properly and take my word for it......you have to have these key components for it to perform.

I learned of this bait from some people many years ago and have fine tuned it over the years.

You must use HEAVY line. It stays on top so don't worry about fish seeing it.

NEVER throw it on small line, it will break/snap and the fish will live for years with an ugly bait stuck in his mouth. This is why I retie often and use heavy line. Retie after each fish caught on this bait.

You must have no less than a 3 wing buzz blade. 2 blades will not provide the proper lift to get the cordell up on top.

The top wire has to be bent down at front tie after bottom wire is bent where arrows show being bent. The bending is done only because you want top buzzer to lift fast and get this thing to the top within 2 or 3 cranks.

Try to use a higher speed reel if you have one. It just makes it easier to get on top faster.

Results after bait is tuned in and ready, It will cast a mile, wind is a facter if tall cast are made because its such a big bait so cast low to water in wind and if you get it hung in a tree.........climb tree, cut limbs, do whatever you can to get it back ! (LOL) Just kidding but do try to get it if possible.

USE BIG LINE AND RETIE OFTEN.

Big fish will come up under and jerk bait down, not out on top like usual buzzer. You will NEVER see a strike coming..........you will only feel your line jerk and straighten out and sometimes the hit is so strong it will honeslty redirect your rod position before you can counter.

I have had the most severe strikes I have ever had with this bait around bridges and concrete pilings. Block walls and over brush piles.

Here is why. This bait resembles a small bird or duckling trying to swim away from a smaller fish under the surface. when a bigger fish sees this........it is instant curiosity......they have to come look and fast so they see a fast wiggle and next thing you know they swallow whole cordell and your rod slaps the front of the boat !

Please cut lead off buzzer (use side cutters) hooks until you get to joint where buzzer hook is joined. You will see a simple hook with a wire holding it. ****Gently bend buzzer wire open one time****, do not rebend**** more than once or you will weaken wire bend and lose a big fish later on. Just gently open up wire, Attach split ring on top of 1/2 oz CORDELL of you choice and squeeze closed gently.

(A Cordell bait has approx. 3 times more wiggle at **slower speeds** than any other bait I have tested under water in the last many years.)

Other rattle baits will works but do not rattle and wiggle at slow speeds.

I will help you get them tuned. You will love this bait but keep it hid in your box because someone will want it......... :lol:

This is a fun bait. and a VERY good bait.

I am now headed to the hospital with my wife for her operation, please say a prayer for us this morning. Thank you.

Revolverman

Great info here for sure ! Thanks for sharing & praying for your family !