Sign in to follow this  
Ranger55

New Aluminum Fishing Boats

I have loved my aluminum boats for many, many years. WELCOME

• Like 1

Love 'em. Easy to tow; easy to launch and retrieve at the ramp; easy on the gas due to the lighter weight; and easier to keep clean. What's not to like. :thumbsup

• Like 1

Hey Mr Ramsey I live in Maynardville not far from you Love fishing at Norris when i can. I got a place on main channel at Lost Creek Campground.What kind of aluminum boat you looking for. I really am leaning toward the new Ranger RT188 myself. I think that would be a great boat for Norris

I fish in your neck of the woods often out of Sun Set Bay, Hickory Star & sometimes put in across from Lost Creek Campground.

Edited by ecox
Moved some content to other part of forum

I've been reading some bad reviews of the new Ranger aluminum boats. Check out bass boat central and read some of them for yourself before you buy. I had a Lowe HP series boat. It was the 17 foot with the 90 Optimax. It was a good boat but I went to a glass boat. If I were buying another aluminum I would probably buy another Lowe.I've heard... And this is only a rumor, can't say it's the truth but... The Lowe, Ranger and Triton are all built in the same plant. I know at one time several boats were in the same plant but it seems strange that Ranger and Triton would be side by side. If you ask around, I'm sure someone in the know will speak up.

Tin is in..!!

My last three boat have been tin, Tracker, Lund and now Crestliner, I like tin ! Looking at new tin now, Seaark, Alumacraft Polar, Lowe, to many to mention.

On an outboard, if you have any intention of running in shallow water, you need a welded boat with a tunnel hull. Rivited boats will not hold up when bumping things in the rivers.I have a couple of friends with Xpress welded boats. Those things are like tanks. Lots of G3's up this way as well that seem to do good.If you want to step on up, there are several custom builders starting to pop up east of the Mississippi. Realize you aren't getting a cookie cutter boat. And a ton of guys from the Pacific Northwest.