Sign in to follow this  
kahrp45andy

members tourney with fish fry diner??

I had the idea tonight of a members tournament of some sort, maybe stripe/hybrid with a 2 fish per boat limit? Followed by a fish fry that evening or the next day? Figure maybe each family or group bring a side dish of some kind and surely someone here has a turkey fryer we can use? Maybe even have a small donation box to help cover cost of cooking supplies? Thought it maybe a good way for some of us to meet and have a good time and good meal. Some of us with empty seats in a boat may even be able to take someone without a boat? What do you y'all think.

good idea, but not everyone is set up to striper fish like the majority here. Maybe a rodeo where all ages can compete. Especially the kids.

Fishing rodeo…extra points for taking a child fishing…Fishing education…Casting competition….I used to do Fishing Merit Badge Counseling….plenty of ideas in the ole book….a pocket survival rig for every child….they make it themselves, there….maybe one of the pop bottle striper rigs...:linesnapit really doesn't matter what the reason, its the doing...

I think it would be a great idea , break the ice . Get to know each other and hopefully get to spend time on the water doing what we all love to do ....FISH ! Pick a centralized location that would make the most sense as to how many members can attend . Pick a lake that has a little bit of everything species wise and just let the members FISH ! Maybe by meeting each other and getting to know others on the site we can all have a better perspective of who we are talking to on here .

good idea, but not everyone is set up to striper fish like the majority here. Maybe a rodeo where all ages can compete. Especially the kids.

I'm open to all ideas it was just a thought. One of the reasons I thought striper was in hopes that some of the people that are set up could possibly help out some of the people that aren't set up for it and take them if there's a spare seat.

While I don't have anything against eating fish, a fish fry is a lot of work! Maybe something simple for our first get together, burgers and hot dogs anyone? Cherokee would be a nice place to meet and we could rent the pavillion at Grainger Park on Cherokee for around $20.00, I think.

I'm all for it and I still have nearly $100 worth of soda I bought for the last fish fry LOL. I would be happy to bring my boat even though I don't have a bait tank yet.

I'm all for it and I still have nearly $100 worth of soda I bought for the last fish fry LOL. I would be happy to bring my boat even though I don't have a bait tank yet.

Mame your own bait tank? I can send you plans for one like mine. Cost me about $40 and works pretty good.

a pot luck is a good thing….everyone does what they can…and simple is always good…a good cobbler goes with any of it…just have to have someone bring some vanilla ice cream...edited: to say…the more work….there will be less talk...less work, sounds better, cheaper sounds better too...to echo something said earlier…or thought about...simple…should probably be the test….to pull off complex takes time...to do something quick, takes simple...Should maybe be only a handful of bullet points…Cost nothing or next to it…Be fun for everyone, even the one with the most work…Everything that can be done without prep…hot dogs, sausage, mustard…Fish takes a lot of prep…cleaning, storing, oil, fryers, cleaning...

Edited by BayouCajun

If Sam brings anything that is liquid, clear and in a Mason jar.....DON'T DRINK IT!!! :DSent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

and I had something for your Bama trip

If Sam brings anything that is liquid, clear and in a Mason jar.....DON'T DRINK IT!!! :D

I don't know Sam, but he is my new best friend!!! Who is driving me back to Bristol???

I don't know Sam, but he is my new best friend!!! Who is driving me back to Bristol???

My better half is designated driver you can ride with us :). As long as you pass the jug every now and then !

I think it would be a great idea , break the ice . Get to know each other and hopefully get to spend time on the water doing what we all love to do ....FISH ! Pick a centralized location that would make the most sense as to how many members can attend . Pick a lake that has a little bit of everything species wise and just let the members FISH ! Maybe by meeting each other and getting to know others on the site we can all have a better perspective of who we are talking to on here .

Sounds great but what would be the timetable for it ?

Sounds great but what would be the timetable for it ?

Shoot I'm ok with whatever everyone comes up with , Striper , Bass, Crappie,cats or walleye it won't matter to me I like to Fish :) Cherokee seems like a logical place as was suggested. You guys/gals kick it around and we can put up a poll for members to vote on if we have to. If we are Striper fishing I may have to fill an empty seat or just tag along for the ride . Just think it would be a cool idea and a good way to meet new friends and maybe a way to learn a little bit about how others fish and give us a better understanding of things we may not know a lot about like Striper Mortality , Ethics and Guides :) We seem to have some very knowledgable and passionate members in these areas and it would be great if we could get educated on the water so we would all have a better understanding of these things.

As for a timeline I figure we better do it soon or it would have to be next spring due to weather. My whole idea with it was so we could meet each other and have a good time.

You could establish a minimum "keeper" size for each species potentially caught; 12" for largemouth, 15" for smallmouth, 18" for striper, 14" for hybrids, 18" catfish, etc. Each keeper is worth a point, caught and released on the honor system and each team keeps track of their points. At "weigh in" each team writes their point total on a piece of paper, and whoever is running the event announces the team and their points. This would just be for fun, and if you want to make it a true tournament, everyone pays whatever the entry fee is and make it a one fish event, 50% of the pot for the biggest black bass and 50% for the biggest striper. Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2