CA girl all my life, now I'm moving to TN with more lakes, more streams and bigger fish. The closest fishing from here in San Fernando Valley  is at least 4 hours away. It's about time I move out of CA. I have fished freshwater all my like and occasionally surf and charters. I own multiple fishing poles and spinning reels, a few ocean reels. For bait its #1 Nightcrawlers, Lures,salmon eggs. My husband and i usually camp for at least a week in the Sierras where we fish stocked rainbows, 2-3 times a year. I love fishing, and the outdoors. My only birthday wish for the last 20 years is to go fishing.

• Like 4

Welcome to the Tennessee Valley! Now you're a big time valley girl armed with a rod and reel. There's more kinds of fish here. Take your pick.

• Like 1

On 7/9/2020 at 4:23 AM, Barbara said:

CA girl all my life, now I'm moving to TN with more lakes, more streams and bigger fish. The closest fishing from here in San Fernando Valley  is at least 4 hours away. It's about time I move out of CA. I have fished freshwater all my like and occasionally surf and charters. I own multiple fishing poles and spinning reels, a few ocean reels. For bait its #1 Nightcrawlers, Lures,salmon eggs. My husband and i usually camp for at least a week in the Sierras where we fish stocked rainbows, 2-3 times a year. I love fishing, and the outdoors. My only birthday wish for the last 20 years is to go fishing.

1 hour ago, Barbara said:

That's a repeat. That's cheating.... :wink:  Have you any fun pictures of Californie? .....pretty fish? ...anything....

You have to tell where in these parts you might settle in---- This Tn Anglers gives good info sometimes to those who ask.   dada 7-10-20  10:20 PM

You'll like it out here. I use to live in So Calif years ago ; I worked at Irvine lake in the early 1990's. Your gonna be glad you left.

7 hours ago, MuskyMan said:

You'll like it out here. I use to live in So Calif years ago ; I worked at Irvine lake in the early 1990's. Your gonna be glad you left.

Are you sure about that? Our earthquakes are so puny and we don't have a single active volcano....  :wink:  

Barbara, If you move close as predicted, Watts Bar Lake might be your choice to start fishing Tennessee. crappie, Bass, Catfish, yellow perch, etc.  will get you started. Welcome aboard.   dada 7-12-20  11:44 AM

18 hours ago, Barbara said:

I know it. Never lived outside of CA but am so ready for it. Thanks.

What town or county are you moving to? The farther east the better as far as the fishing goes. There's more variety in the east. I'm in Knoxville, right smack in the middle of the east. I'm plotting a trip to Watauga presently. I have Lake Trout on the brain lately. I could use a cabin on Watauga if it was in my budget, which it isn't .....

On 7/6/2020 at 11:24 AM, TrophyLakerTaker said:

When there biting they are biting.  30.1 pound king last night.  Got 10 in a out 3 hours.  It will take my brother all day to vaccum pak and freeze

20200705_201837_resized.jpg

On 7/10/2020 at 7:20 PM, dada said:

You have to tell where in these parts you might settle in---- This Tn Anglers gives good info sometimes to those who ask.   dada 7-10-20  10:20 PM

I know it. Never lived outside of CA but am so ready for it. Thanks.

On 7/9/2020 at 9:17 AM, Tubejig said:

Hope you enjoy our state.  Fishing is good here.

What part of TN?

Welcome to TN

Crossville.  Thank you,  be talking soon.

9 hours ago, Troutgirl said:

What town or county are you moving to? The farther east the better as far as the fishing goes. There's more variety in the east. I'm in Knoxville, right smack in the middle of the east. I'm plotting a trip to Watauga presently. I have Lake Trout on the brain lately. I could use a cabin on Watauga if it was in my budget, which it isn't .....

We're moving to crossville on lake tansi. Haven't heard anybody talk about fishing there. But with fish anywhere. My husband and i are retired, but love fishing with anyone. We get along with younger people very well. Love to meet you and go where you know. Be there in 3-4 weeks.

12 hours ago, Barbara said:

We're moving to crossville on lake tansi. Haven't heard anybody talk about fishing there. But with fish anywhere. My husband and i are retired, but love fishing with anyone. We get along with younger people very well. Love to meet you and go where you know. Be there in 3-4 weeks.

You'll be living on top of the Cumberland Plateau. It's a bit cooler there in summer than in the valley but it's colder and snows more in the winter. You may not like the Central Time Zone. Cumberland County and all the counties west left the Eastern Time Zone during the Radio Wars of the 1920's. The Grand Ole Opry, in Nashville, beat out the Mid Day Merry Go Round, in Knoxville as the most popular radio show. Folks didn't wanna be confused about when the Opry was on the air. It gets dark early in Crossville. It ought to be on Eastern Time.

Crossville is about 60 miles west of Knoxville. I mostly fish in the mountain lakes to the east in both Tennessee and North Carolina. My lakes are Chilhowee, Calderwood, Cheoah, Santeetlah, Fontana, South Holston, and my favorite, Watauga which serves up fat Lakers like this one.....

IMG_0627.JPG

• Like 1

There are not a whole of trout trollers in East TN so we are fairly open with info on resivoirs and tale race fishing on this formum. Bass fishing is a different story where hot fishing spots and techniques are more closely guarded based on number of people doing. that  we caught about 100 small mouth in 2 hours in the U.P. in ultra shallow water and only saw 1 other boat in 2 days.  I do my bass fishing in MI with most people pursuing other fish.  dont tell anyone by great lake bass taste as good as walleye if the not to big. Oops!

• Like 1