Sign in to follow this  
ProTek

Have you fished outside of Tennessee?

Which brand of trolling motor to you think is best?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Which brand of trolling motor to you think is best?

• Minn Kota
    • Motorguide
    • Other (Please explain in a post)

I need to add a few more places to be able to sing the Jonny Cash song I'VE BEEN EVERYWHERE MAN.

Well, living in SC then it goes without saying that I fish outside of TN. As for where all I've fished? Whew, that's a long list, and I hope it keeps growing. My primary states in the last 5 years have been SC, GA, NC, LA, and NY. I also try to come up to TN and to FL every so often. I'm originally from Louisiana and always fish when I go home to visit family. My wife is from New York. Yeah I know I married a Yankee, but she is still smoking hot after 28 years of marriage and puts up with my crap, so I think I'll keep her! I really like fishing in New York as well. The saltwater striper fishing out on Long Island can be awesome.

If anyone wants to come down to SC and fish for Stripers in the Savannah River chain (Hartwell, Russell, Thurmond), then let me know. I might be able to point you in the right direction, give you an idea of the conditions here, and perhaps what the fish are doing. I am not an expert or a guide, but I fish over a 100 days a year and manage to do okay. In other words, I'm bound to have learned something being out there all the time.

If you want to go with me, that is fine as well. My only conditions are...

No whining...No talking work...No telling everyone everything about what we did or caught. It's okay to show a few pictures and to help others out, but there is a point were some things are better left unsaid. I am a catch a release fisherman. I will keep a small striper or hybrid every so often to eat, and don't mind people doing that. However, every fish I catch over 20lbs goes back in the water, so long as I think it will survive.

As for the largemouth and spotted bass fisherman traveling down this way, I might be able to help out on where some fish are and an idea of what they are doing. I don't fish that much for them anymore, and rarely are throwing artificials for bass, but sometimes I get into them well enough to know what is going on and will provide you with whatever information I have. My boys fish for them more than me, and sometimes they tell me a few things as well.

Take care of that GREAT fishery you have up there in Tennessee, and tight lines.

I am from Pa. So I fish here. Also have been to md.,va., ny.,nj.,nc.,sc.,fla.,Quebec.,and of course the annual trip to the striper Capitol , Tn.

Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky and Michigan, my family vacationed in the UP of Michigan until I was about 25 years old. Did a lot of walleye and pike fishing up there, then I found Tennessee about 20 years ago.